• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SF Tyler Harris has a list of 7: Good News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Tyler Harris will visit Providence on Oct 15th after Keno Davis wowed him with a home visit yesterday. Stan Heath is in the Harris home today so we'll see how he does.

Also add Cincy as another lower level BE school having a great recruiting season.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll start a topic on him soon, but PG Shane Larkin had an in-home with Colorado today. Rumor has it that Boston College, South Florida, and Col are three schools very high on Larkin's list.

In some bad news UCF has struck again. They got a commitment from PF Wayne Martin today. That gives the Knights 3 of the top 6 rated players in fact numbers 4, 5, and 6 to be precise. USF had interest in all three btw.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

That gives the Knights 3 of the top 6 rated players in fact numbers 4, 5, and 6 to be precise.

3 of the top 6 rated where?

That gives the Knights 3 of the top 6 rated players in fact numbers 4, 5, and 6 to be precise.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/prospects/_/class/2011/state/fl

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/prospects/_/class/2011/state/fl

Thanks.

Well were out of the Tyler Harris sweepstakes. He's got a top 5 and were not in it.

http://www.zagsblog.com/

Exactly bullgrad10.

STAN HEATH HAS FAILED IN THIS RECRUITING SEASON!

No one can defend him this time as he had a fair shot to impress the Harris family along with 6 other schools and quite simply he swung and missed effectively ending any hope of having just a solid 2011 class.

I followed this closely as I was trying to put a finger on why USF is so terrible at closing. The in home visit is the most critical area of recruiting. That's when the HEAD COACH, not an assistant coach, but the head man himself gets to sit down face to face with a prospect and sell his university, area, team, and himself.

A huge USF fan talks to me at work and he can't understand why Heath doesn't recruit the state hard and early instead of going out of state and attempting to sign players that are not much better or might not be as good as the home guys. Central Florida's HC is adopting that strategy and having success. They have commits from 3 of the top 6 players in state and USF did have interest but instead wanted to make the guys wait to see is we could secure some out of state talent.

Last year, this year, and the next year had or has enough talent to fill all of USF's needs and I'm not sure we will get any of them. Well Shane Larkin is the only one left that we know can play in the Big East. He's not a project like what we are likely to sign again.

Well were out of the Tyler Harris sweepstakes. He's got a top 5 and were not in it.

Exactly bullgrad10.

Good Lord, quit being so freaking melodramatic ... yesterday was signing day?? Plus, based on past history, a better headline woud be "USF HAS FAILED IN THIS RECRUITING SEASON ..... AGAIN!" To deny that this doesn't go beyond the head coach is to admit you haven't been following USF hoops very long. What's even more perplexing is that DW came from a hoops school ....

USF did have interest but instead wanted to make the guys wait to see is we could secure some out of state talent.

IF that is true, maybe the out of state talent is/was worth waiting for .... and what is this "we" stuff? I thought you came out of the closet as an SEC fan?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Very underwhelming indeed, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on this recruiting class yet. I think we'll be ok.

Exactly bullgrad10.

Good Lord, quit being so freaking melodramatic ... yesterday was signing day?? Plus, based on past history, a better headline woud be "USF HAS FAILED IN THIS RECRUITING SEASON ..... AGAIN!" To deny that this doesn't go beyond the head coach is to admit you haven't been following USF hoops very long. What's even more perplexing is that DW came from a hoops school ....

USF did have interest but instead wanted to make the guys wait to see is we could secure some out of state talent.

IF that is true, maybe the out of state talent is/was worth waiting for .... and what is this "we" stuff? I thought you came out of the closet as an SEC fan?

Well I like SEC FB and I see no crime in that. I also use to like the USC Trojans FB team under Pete Carroll too. Right now I'm following USF, Auburn, and Bama.

As for Heath's recruiting...yes I understand the problems in the past at USF, but once again USF wasn't in the Big East which that along should help recruiting be better then what it has been. Everybody doesn't have a long history of winning and/or great facilities. The reason why I write the stuff I do is because as a fan of Stan's I'm worried about his and the program's future. You win with players in collegiate sports and I'm afraid that we won't have enough to do that in the near future.

Very underwhelming indeed, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel on this recruiting class yet. I think we'll be ok.

Toro I haven't totally thrown in the towel but I have lost confidence in this staff to land good HS talent. He's a list of guys that I hope we can still be a player for

Mike Taylor

Shane Larkin

Greg Lewis

Phil Greene

Kelvin Amayo

As you see that is a very short list. I search all through recruiting sites and sources and I can't find any more good HS players with any interest in USF. Right now I would be happy with a trio of Greene, Larkin, and Lewis. I like Amayo but if we get him then that would mean no Larkin.