• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tailgating Recipies and Dishes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Alright guys, lets start posting your favorite recipies and dishes that are always a hit or just your favorites.

-Dip- This is the easiest thing, but it is absolutely amazing and is ALWAYS all gone.

To cook this up at a tailgate I just use a disposable aluminum pie pan because it is an absolute b*tch to clean out of a pot.

1. Box of Mexican Velveeta

2. Can of Hormel chili (Depending on how many people attending you can use the smaller or larger cans)

I cut the velveeta into slices, put it in the pie pan on the stove.

Go ahead and have it turned on if you like, then open up the can of chili and pour it over.

Keep cooking it till all the cheese is melted.

This is so good, and so easy!

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

My favorite recipe:

Time: ~3 minutes,  Inactive Prep Time: ~ 1 hour

Ingredients:

Water

Ice

24 - 36 of your favorite beers

Procedure:

1) Place all beer in insulated containment vessel

2) Fill remainder of vessel with 3 parts ice to 1 part water

3) Allow to marinate for approximately 1 hour

4) Open beer and enjoy

Yeah, I tailgate pretty simply.  I'll be excited to see what recipes other bulls fans have.

• Content Count:  136

Our tailgates vary. But my favorite would be our final home game.

Starters:

-Homemade Salsa: Small White Onion, Fresh Garlic, Plum Tomatoes, Cilantro, Hot Pepper (vary types), Lemon Juice (to taste)  and Salt

-Lime Chips

-Extra Large Shrimp (Cold)

Main Course:

-Colossal King Crab (in crab boil)

- Ribeyes (seasoned with Badia Complete seasoning & lil extra Garlic)

- Corn Boil – cook small ears of corn & red potatoes in crab boil

BullMedic,

I do about the same dip recipe as you, but I use a Coleman Propane Slow Cooker it’s quick and easy and you can reheat pretty easy clean up except when you forget to turn it off.

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

BullMedic - Try that with a can of ro-tel tomatos and itallian sausage.(Kicks it up a notch)

We throw a big tailgate only at WVU home games.

Slow smoked pulled pork, a three day process, and home made sangria.

For a Saturday game, buy bone-in Boston Butts(approx. 30lbs.) on Thursday.

Dry rub marinade them till Friday afternoon. Allow 16-18 hours smoke time, 1-2 hours to cool, 2-3 hours to hand pull to remove as much fat as possible. Mix finishing sauce. Leave the house in time to be one of the first in lot 6!

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

BullMedic - Try that with a can of ro-tel tomatos and itallian sausage.(Kicks it up a notch)

We throw a big tailgate only at WVU home games.

Slow smoked pulled pork, a three day process, and home made sangria.

For a Saturday game, buy bone-in Boston Butts(approx. 30lbs.) on Thursday.

Dry rub marinade them till Friday afternoon. Allow 16-18 hours smoke time, 1-2 hours to cool, 2-3 hours to hand pull to remove as much fat as possible. Mix finishing sauce. Leave the house in time to be one of the first in lot 6!

GO BULLS!

We have my brother-in-law's pulled pork for at least one game a year. He has his own rub that is simply amazing. Don't need sauce, at all. We have his ribs and brisket occasionally, too. This year, were going to have at least one tailgate with his Jerk Pork Steaks. Love those things.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Wings

Rub wings with salt, pepper, hot peppers, and other spices as desired

Bake 20 mins 350 something like that or my fav, fry 3 mins each side in extra virgin olive oil-if you use enough oil to cover the wing entirely than it's only about 4-5 mins but it makes a ungodly mess.

Put 1 bottle of franks wings sauce, habanero style tabasco (as much as can be handled) and any other spices you desire into a gallon zip lock bag. (I've also tried this by putting cheese sauce in the bag but it too makes an ungodly mess) Through your cooked wings in the bag, shake it up until each wing is completely covered.

if you like your wings wet, leave 'em in until you eat, if you like 'em dry pull them out, shake off the excess, set them on a paper towel covered plate, incovered for a few mins then cover up until eating.

Obviously the variations are endless. You can use hot sauce on the wing to hold flour on the wing to bread them before cooking and dousing or you can douse then bake, whatever, just make the wing and bring me a couple so I can try 'em out!

• Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

Those wings sound amazing... 

Here is my Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 can of cooked chicken OR 1 chicken breast shredded (whatever you prefer... I usually used the can chicken because it's easier)

1/4 cup of Franks hot sauce

1 block of cream cheese (try not to use the low-fat or fat free cheese... it makes the dip watery)

1/2 cup of sour cream

Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees.

Mix everything together in a bowl and transfer to an oven-safe dish (if you prefer it to be heated... it can also be served cold)

Heat for 20 minutes and serve

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  81

USF_ Grouper my studies show that bottles are ready in 7 minutes

Archived