• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meyer: "I'm hitting the panic button a little bit"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I would have to say Auburn was as good as UF. They hadn't lost a home night game in like 10 years. They also beat UF that year, the same year that Jesus won the Heisman.

People don't give that win enough credit in my opinion.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I would have to say Auburn was as good as UF. They hadn't lost a home night game in like 10 years. They also beat UF that year, the same year that Jesus won the Heisman.

People don't give that win enough credit in my opinion.

Auburn loses at home all the time. The year before USF, they lost at home to Georgia and Arkansas. The week after USF, they lost at home to Mississippi State. The only year in the past decade that Auburn went undefeated at home was 2004, the year the Tigers went 13-0. Auburn was good in 2007, but nowhere near as good as UF has been in the past four years and how good I think UF will be again this year. Also, Florida has lost at home only twice since Meyer became the coach.

This is all speculation concerning how good Florida actually will be this year of course, as some people don't think they'll live up to that No. 3 ranking, but I think Meyer is such a good coach and they lure in so many good players on such a consistent basis that there's no way for them to experience a big drop off. I think they'll finish in the top 10 and return to the SEC title game, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Spoke with a buddy of mine who follows Georgia, he was talking about something where Pouncey got into a fight with that "top" freshman recruit this week.....not geling at all...he had a couple of stories, but said it was coming out in some report soon....

vague, but thats all i got

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

were usually good against teams that run the spread...LIKE WVU? lol considering they are all undersized and run the ball far more. Yea we do well against them. How do we do against cincinatti? Oh that passing spread gives us a hard time...You guys have these built in statements you make that sound good but they just are not the truth. FLORIDA is 10 times better then us. Its fact. They are an all star team. Can they be beaten? Yes of course. Is it easy? No. It will take an incredible game from us and mistakes by them to win this game. I dont know why you take that as an insult to our team. Our team is good, but were not even close to Florida or Miami yet.

"Auburn was just as good" comment, that is just foolish. We beat Auburn, they beat Florida so we could beat Florida, sorry thats not hot it works. You know how we go to peoples team forum and laugh at the scrubs that think they have a chance to beat us, well Miami and Florida do that to us. I have tons of gator friends, and I havetold them all you will likely beat us but this is a respect game and how we play has big recruiting implications. Win or loss.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

lol we're gonna get stomped at the swamp.  I love USF but that's just the way it's gonna be.  If you think UF is down this yer what the H are we??  it'll be funny watching all of these people saying there's even the remotest chance come back depressed and pissed off after the game. 

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

There is an outside chance, realistically though, or defense will be getting it's first real game since this season's gutting. Our line which couldn't hold up against some average teams will be up against a slew of seniors (they weren't starters, but Florida rotates a lot, that whole stat is misleading).

Plus, I'm not sure we have the ground game to control the clock.

Like I said, and I think most people are being realistic, it's going to be tough. I'll still be there ready to explode if things go our way.

Archived