• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Montague to Grey Shirt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Mama...that article just gave you the fluff of the truth what I said.

Montague is only a commitment, and is not accepted full-time into USF.  He must still go through admissions in January, and he must satisfy all his conditions. 

The good news is he's doing this instead of opting for other options he had available.  The bad news is we've seen others do the same thing before and it not end as favorably.  I feel good about Jamaal though because he has worked exceptionally hard this spring and summer just to get to this point, and went from a position when he committed to USF where he was an 'absolutely not' chance of being a Bull...to now a definitely maybe.  That gives me hope that he'll accomplish what is expected of him.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Good, sounds like he'll be able to contribute next year, and hopefully go through spring ball.

Guest Scherdin

With him going as a non-degree seeking student and the like of Terry Bowden snooping around...kinda makes me nervous. 

But at least this way he can start to develop some relationships and be local for guys to ensure he's going to class, getting the tutoring/mentoring he needs and staying in shape. 

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

time out folks...a grey shirt does not mean he made it into USF.  It is impossible for USF to admit him as a full-time student, then he would not be a grey shirt and his clock would start ticking.  Montague is fully recruitable by all other schools now...FYI.  As I've understood he was only admitted as a conditional student to take a few remedial classes that will not count toward his college curriculum, and he must get a certain grade in those 2-3 classes and have perfect attendance.  He also cannot attend anything with the team.

The best this means is that the athletic department and Montague have come to a meeting of the minds that he'd be better off to stick around and wait until the spring to get in...and that his transcripts are close and he just needs to complete x,y, and z to get in.  The good news to this is it seems Jamaal has accepted these conditions and is willing to work for it...but remember he's not in, and he's still fully available for any other school to recruit and sign too (if Jamaal wanted to change).

If he is taking any USF classes he already met the requirements even if they are pre reqs or he wouldn't be taking classes and would be at a JUCO. He just isn't taking full classes b/c like you said it uses up eligibility. His recruitment is done and will play at USF.

Archived