• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BE by the end of September

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

my point is our schedule is weak. it's not entertaining for me as a college football fan.

this year we are playing the # 114, the # 164 and the # 187 sagarin rated teams from last year. that's a joke.

I don't know how you can call it weak when you have games @Florida, @Miami, @Cincinnati, @WVU, PITT, and to a degree, UCONN.  Every single BCS teams plays a couple of very poor OOC games and even some poor conference games.

Yes, the home schedule might be a bit weaker, but our schedule is certainly "entertaining".

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

my point is our schedule is weak. it's not entertaining for me as a college football fan.

this year we are playing the # 114, the # 164 and the # 187 sagarin rated teams from last year. that's a joke.

I don't know how you can call it weak when you have games @Florida, @Miami, @Cincinnati, @WVU, PITT, and to a degree, UCONN.  Every single BCS teams plays a couple of very poor OOC games and even some poor conference games.

Yes, the home schedule might be a bit weaker, but our schedule is certainly "entertaining".

He just wants us to magically play all of our interesting games at home. We have many interesting games this year, trouble is the only one at home is Pitt. It's kind of an odd year.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I guess I feel it could be much better.

I go to every home game. I just happen to prefer the big games against miami, unc, kansas to the crappy games against wku, stoney brook, and fau.

we still seek out these games against wku, stoney brook, and fau. why??? in the past we had no choice but now we can definitely build a better schedule.  I'd like more of the former and less of the latter is all.

we still seek out these games against wku, stoney brook, and fau. why???

It probably could have been, but this year is more of an anomoly.

The short answer to your questions is we're always going to have a 1 AA on the schedule if it will count towards bowl eligibility (even the top teams in the country still play 1 AA's). We scheduled WKU as a favor for them helping us when we started out as a program. I didn't mind the reasoning behind it because they honored the 4 games from 1997-2000 while others didn't (Georgia Southern).

FAU is a 2 for 1 deal, so it is a deal we should take.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

The short answer to your questions is we're always going to have a 1 AA on the schedule if it will count towards bowl eligibility (even the top teams in the country still play 1 AA's). We scheduled WKU as a favor for them helping us when we started out as a program. I didn't mind the reasoning behind it because they honored the 4 games from 1997-2000 while others didn't (Georgia Southern).

didn't we have 2 1-aa's last year?

Once is an anomaly. twice is a trend.

We should schedule 3 BCS, 1 top level non-bcs and 1 1-aa.

these last 2 years have been a travesty. the top games are good but the bottom ones are garbage.

Guest Sunburned

Not true, look at Oklahoma 2010 OCC schedule.

Utah State - #100 Sagarin 1/7/2010

Florida State - #31

Air Force - #35

Cincinnati - #8

Now look at USF

WKU - #187

Stony Brook - #164 (1-AA)

FAU - #114

Miami - #21

Florida - #2

WKU and Stony Brook are not what I call entertaining.  I rather watch them play each other than USF.

Guest Sunburned

Oklahoma isn't playing any 1-AA teams in 2010.

If we're going to schedule a 1-AA, then at least make one of the better ones.

didn't we have 2 1-aa's last year?

Once is an anomaly. twice is a trend.

We should schedule 3 BCS, 1 top level non-bcs and 1 1-aa.

these last 2 years have been a travesty. the top games are good but the bottom ones are garbage.

3 BCS OOC opponents is suicide and unneeded by any BCS program. 2 BCS opponents max is necessary, and we have tough ones @Miami and @UF. Sorry they're on the road this year.

Way to note an exception to the rule. 1-AA's are a part of life. There's absolutely no reason for an AD to schedule as difficult a schedule as possible.

I don't know about you, but I rather go 7-5 than 3-7 and get slaughtered at home in the process because schedule like idiots.

I didn't say every top team. Florida, Alabama, FSU, Miami, and VT are teams who are playing 1 AA's this season and have in many prior seasons.

Archived