• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Bulls arrive in Vero Beach!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Rivals USF writer is also at Vero and tweeting away.

Hornes may have picked up an injury towards the end of practice.

about 3 hours ago via Twitter for Android .

Ummm....need an update here.  This would really suck.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

open practices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a novel approach

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Greg, do you know if Chandler is OK?

F709396.jpg

Todd Chandler

CDowlar tweeted:

Todd Chandler looked to go off injured. Maybe a hamstring. 

about 3 hours ago via Twitter for Android

http://twitter.com/cdowlar

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I lived in Vero for several years (well, Sebastian actually).  Worked right down the street from Dodgertown.  Great facility.  I imagine newer facilities have more amenities, but Dodgertown always looked great, and there was a certain character that other minor league facilities in Florida don't have.  I hope it can find a place as a multi-use facility going forward.

CDowlar tweets about evening practice:

Coach Holtz confirmed WR Justin Wilkins has rejoined the team.

19 minutes ago via Twitter for Android .

Touchdown to TJ Knowles in the corner of the end zone. Size matters.

Number seven to number nine for six points.

Kayvon Webster comes up with an interception.

Eveld threw probably the best pass I've seen all camp long on the run to the corner of the end zone.

Tonigh has a scrimmage feel to it. Under the lights, full pads, and a lot of full team work.

Its hard to overthrow TJ Knowles.

.No Todd Chandler sightings yet...

about 2 hours ago via Twitter for Android

Greg has an update. He reports that Chandler was held out of practice due to a "minor" hamstring injury.

AUGUST 10, 2010

Back at 105: Walk-on WR Wilkins rejoins Bulls

USF coach Skip Holtz continues to make optimal use of his 105-man roster, and with receiver Colby Erskin suffering a season-ending knee injury Saturday, the Bulls have added former walk-on Justin Wilkins, who was on the roster in 2008, to the roster.

Wilkins, a junior who went to high school not far from Vero Beach at Fort Pierce Central, wore No. 86 at practice Tuesday night, but needs to go through the required five-day acclimatization process -- Holtz likes to call it that -- where he starts in shorts, then slowly works his way into full contact. Wilkins had shown promise in 2008 before he suffered a shoulder injury -- we wrote about him joining the team in 2008, and the strange part of it was that Wilkins originally was added to the Bulls roster in '08 after ... a Colby Erskin torn ACL.

GLASS HALF FULL?: Holtz said his excitement at big plays in preseason is mitigated by the realization that any big play by his team is also ultimately a big play against his team.

"Any time there's a big play, I get excited, go 'Ooh, nice play,'" he said. "Then you go, 'Ooh, that's our defense.' Then all the sudden, I'll see (Ryne) Giddins come off the edge, or (Craig) Marshall or (David) Bedford make a sack, and I'll go, 'Ooh, nice move on the tackle ... that's our tackle.' It's hard."

INJURY UPDATE: Tackle Jake Sims and tight end Jeff Hawkins were held out for a second day to guard against concussion-like symptoms. Defensive tackle Todd Chandler (hamstring) and running back Dontae Aycock (knee) also were held out with minor injuries.

Posted by Greg Auman at 10:19:10 pm on August 10, 2010 in Football walk-ons | Permalink | Comments

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/back-105-walk-wr-wilkins-rejoins-bulls#comments

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I get the look and all but Chandler needs to do himself a favor and CUT that hair. MAN he looks MISERABLE!

You can weave it back in after the season.

Will the freshman hazing continue under Holtz? In this case the players would be helping him.

Archived