• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF 2011 Games

When do you think USF will finalize the 2011 football schedule  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I'm a scheduling idiot?

Do you even follow college football?

I can list 25 programs that will play at least 10 BCS games this year.

some will play 11 when they play for a conference title.

UF plays 10.

FSU plays 10.

Miami plays 11 BCS opponents in the regular season. If they play for a conference title then they will play 12. You sir are an idiot.

You're counting conference opponents. You've made it apparent that our conference is garbage in your opinion. That doesn't mean we need to go out of our way to make over half our games OOC against BCS opponents.

Looking at just OOC opponents go ahead and point out the teams that have scheduled 3+ BCS opponents this year. I'll triple your list with those who haven't in about 10 minutes.

You're not an idiot, just a scheduling bonehead. Woolard has no real reason to make the schedule harder than 2 BCS opponents a year. This year sucks for the home crowd, but it's a decent OOC slate overall.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

There's more to a season than two OCC games.  Yes there have been worse schedules (last year was in the top of that class) but USF has come a long way baby,  it's time for that to stop.  The only reason I renewed this year was because..."It's a Holtz New Era"!

Then why are you complaining? We have arguably the 2 best Big East teams coming to RJS this season.

The only changes you are going to see every year or 2 are the OOC games and there is a significant upgrade in that for the years to come (Miami (x2), FSU, Michigan State, NC State, Indiana).

Those 6 games are spread out over the next 7 years and just because Indiana is BCS doesn't make them an interesting opponent.

we should have 3 of those type teams every year at least. add another top level non-bcs program and 1 1-aa and then I'm happy.

you want 3 of those types ooc every year? or does that just mean home in general incl. big east play? if you want that caliber opponent 3x a year ooc then its no wonder you're not sitting in doug wollard's chair because you're a scheduling idiot.

Playing 3 OOC BCS opponents would put our total at 10. yes I want at least 3. 2 puts us at 9.

every single pac ten team plays at least 10 BCS games. 3 of them play 11 BCS games and USC plays 12. man their fans must love having quality opponents on their schedule. you won't see many FAU, western kentucky, and stoney brooks.

good for them their ADs aren't scheduling idiots.

same with UF, FSU, Miami, Oklahoma, UNC, Alabama, LSU, etc. I'm surprised they haven't snatched up Woolard for his scheduling prowess. after all their ADs are idiots for scheduling 10 or more BCS opponents in a year.

I'm a scheduling idiot?

Do you even follow college football?

I can list 25 programs that will play at least 10 BCS games this year.

some will play 11 when they play for a conference title.

UF plays 10.

FSU plays 10.

Miami plays 11 BCS opponents in the regular season. If they play for a conference title then they will play 12. You sir are an idiot.

You're counting conference opponents. You've made it apparent that our conference is garbage in your opinion. That doesn't mean we need to go out of our way to make over half our games OOC against BCS opponents.

Looking at just OOC opponents go ahead and point out the teams that have scheduled 3+ BCS opponents this year. I'll triple your list with those who haven't in about 10 minutes.

You're not an idiot, just a scheduling bonehead. Woolard has no real reason to make the schedule harder than 2 BCS opponents a year. This year ***** for the home crowd, but it's a decent OOC slate overall.

we play 1 less conference game. we play 9 total BCS opponents. I just listed a whole conference and 5-10 top 25 programs that play at least 10 BCS opponents. I don't care if we have to schedule 3 OOC BCS opponents to get to 10 total. I'd like to play quality competition.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Playing 3 OOC BCS opponents would put our total at 10. yes I want at least 3. 2 puts us at 9.

Yes, our conference sucks. It's not the OOC's job to magically make up the difference though. Again, go ahead and name me your handful of programs that have scheduled 3+ OOC BCS games. I'll wait.

Yes, our conference *****. It's not the OOC's job to magically make up the difference though. Again, go ahead and name me your handful of programs that have scheduled 3+ OOC BCS games. I'll wait.

what's the difference between our OOC game against Miami and FSUs conference game against miami?nothing. they are both BCS opponents.

Total BCS opponents is all that matters.

I just want a quality schedule. yes it sucks we have 1 less conference game and yes we should make that up by scheduling 1 extra BCS OOC opponent.

Miami plays 3 OOC BCS opponents. Ohio state, USF, and Pitt. That's in addition to 8 conference BCS opponents. they play a total of 11 BCS opponents. we play 9.

• Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

Didn't Boise have an open date and were looking for a BCS road game? That would be good.

agreed, then maybe the following season we could venture out west to their turf.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I have been saying for years that USF should schedule 3 OOC BCS teams. 1 AA, 1 non BCS, 3 BCS. That puts us at 10 BCS games until the Big East gets us a 9th team. Then we play 2 BCS OOC.

Archived