• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Brick Pavers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Soooooo  would it be stealing if you bought the brick and then took it back ?  :D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunburned

About the IRS, and this is just a guess .... but lets say you give a $100 donation and get nothing back, then you can make a $100 tax deduction for making a donation. Now lets say you make a $100 donation and you get back a brick to honor your donation to sit on your desk as a paperweight, then someone has to determine how much that brick is worth, because you didn't make a $100 donation, you made a $80 donation and got back a thank you gift valued at $20 .... that makes it only $80 deductible.

So, I bet that the logic came out that most people want the higher tax deduction than they want a paperweight.

Eric can chime in, but this is why I think there is nothing coming back. Good news, we can all go and visit our bricks every time we attend a sporting event on campus.

Buy tickets to a team's awards banquet, and the entire amount isn't tax deductible...does that stop people from going?  If only 20% purchased l souvenir bricks, it would raise a substantial amount of additional revenue.  Don't offer them and you are leaving that money in the donors pockets.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Eric,

I was thinking of getting a large brick made that looked like this placed at the new football practice field... would this be allowed?

Untitled-1-2.png

Also about the Baseball Stadium is says:

(Former baseball/softball student athletes only)

so are the baseball bricks reserved just for basebulls?

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

Also, keep in mind, this isn't going to be our last facility project. 

Eric

Eric, what else is on the horizon?

• Content Count:  827

Eric,

I was thinking of getting a large brick made that looked like this placed at the new football practice field... would this be allowed?

Untitled-1-2.png

Also about the Baseball Stadium is says:

(Former baseball/softball student athletes only)

so are the baseball bricks reserved just for basebulls?

No, only the Dugout Tile's are reserved for former athlete's. The other tile's can still be purchased for baseball and softball.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I'll definitely be getting one of the small ones for the football facility.

• Content Count:  4,016

About the IRS, and this is just a guess .... but lets say you give a $100 donation and get nothing back, then you can make a $100 tax deduction for making a donation. Now lets say you make a $100 donation and you get back a brick to honor your donation to sit on your desk as a paperweight, then someone has to determine how much that brick is worth, because you didn't make a $100 donation, you made a $80 donation and got back a thank you gift valued at $20 .... that makes it only $80 deductible.

So, I bet that the logic came out that most people want the higher tax deduction than they want a paperweight.

Eric can chime in, but this is why I think there is nothing coming back. Good news, we can all go and visit our bricks every time we attend a sporting event on campus.

Buy tickets to a team's awards banquet, and the entire amount isn't tax deductible...does that stop people from going?  If only 20% purchased l souvenir bricks, it would raise a substantial amount of additional revenue.  Don't offer them and you are leaving that money in the donors pockets.

Or if that donor has extra money 'left in their pocket' they will use it to buy more bricks instead of worrying about why they didn't get a souvenir brick when that would become to cumbersome of an endeavor for USF.  ::)

• Content Count:  565

Me and my brother and sis (All three of USF students) pulled our money together and bought one last Christmas for the MSC for our parents. Best 200 bucks we ever spent.

Archived