• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Brick Pavers...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,158
  • Days Won:  0

May want to push the deadline to the end of December...could see this being as an excellent gift.

We will push it as late as possible.  It all depends on construction times.

Sunburned, we did a lot of research on both issues you bring up.  We felt based on our situation, the replica brick and having this be a continuing project were not the right option for our projects.

Eric

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  486

I did this at PNC Park in my native Pittsbugh a great idea.  I was also able to buy a replica brink is there that option?

We are not offering the option for the replica brick.  It had a lot to do with IRS and tax issues.  Sorry about that.

Eric

Wow that is very disappointing to say the least.  IRS tax issues?????  Oh well.

While a good idea, with the issues and ideas brough up on this thread it sounds like it could be even better.

• Content Count:  1,501

Wow, what a cool idea.  We have a brick at the Alumni Center, and now we're going to get another here.

• Content Count:  4,016

I did this at PNC Park in my native Pittsbugh a great idea.  I was also able to buy a replica brink is there that option?

We are not offering the option for the replica brick.  It had a lot to do with IRS and tax issues.  Sorry about that.

Eric

While a good idea, with the issues and ideas brough up on this thread it sounds like it could be even better.

Yeah that pesky IRS...they spoil everything.  It could be better if the IRS wasn't around, but so could all our pocketbooks.  Welcome to real life. ;D

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Cool idea but

$200 for the smallest?!

Damnnnnn

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Eric,

What if I bought a bunch of bricks and had my smiling faced etched in it; thoughts?

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Guys and Gals,

This is a great way to give to USF and it is not that much money out of your pocket. This should be a permanent post until USF Athletics reaches its goal.

Guest Sunburned

Eric

Yeah that pesky IRS...they spoil everything.  It could be better if the IRS wasn't around, but so could all our pocketbooks.  Welcome to real life. ;D

How can it be an IRS issue, when other foundations have been doing it for years?  Could it be that USF AD, just doesn't want to bother with it?

• Content Count:  39

About the IRS, and this is just a guess .... but lets say you give a $100 donation and get nothing back, then you can make a $100 tax deduction for making a donation. Now lets say you make a $100 donation and you get back a brick to honor your donation to sit on your desk as a paperweight, then someone has to determine how much that brick is worth, because you didn't make a $100 donation, you made a $80 donation and got back a thank you gift valued at $20 .... that makes it only $80 deductible.

So, I bet that the logic came out that most people want the higher tax deduction than they want a paperweight.

Eric can chime in, but this is why I think there is nothing coming back. Good news, we can all go and visit our bricks every time we attend a sporting event on campus.

• Content Count:  1,158

About the IRS, and this is just a guess .... but lets say you give a $100 donation and get nothing back, then you can make a $100 tax deduction for making a donation. Now lets say you make a $100 donation and you get back a brick to honor your donation to sit on your desk as a paperweight, then someone has to determine how much that brick is worth, because you didn't make a $100 donation, you made a $80 donation and got back a thank you gift valued at $20 .... that makes it only $80 deductible.

So, I bet that the logic came out that most people want the higher tax deduction than they want a paperweight.

Eric can chime in, but this is why I think there is nothing coming back. Good news, we can all go and visit our bricks every time we attend a sporting event on campus.

That is part of the reason we didn't include it on everyones order, that and not everyone wants a brick.  If we make it an add on, then we are selling something and then we have to deal with sales tax issues.  Also, keep in mind, this isn't going to be our last facility project. 

Eric

Archived