• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A Bulls Trip to ECU land

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

ECU rhymes with gay.

Yeah those type of comments at the bowl game were one of our fan base lowest point.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

Just a funny story.  As my family and I are on a trip we stopped by the ECU campus (only because my wife is an Alum- accidentally went there before meeting me.  What can you do she is full Bull now though).  Anyway after she dropped over 130.00 on ECU stuff (man how is it possible to buy that much purple?).  And to include a garden gnome that I told her must be placed behind mine as mine will probably attack hers while we are out.  The clerk who wore a Rays shirt (why we went to his line) asked if we found everything we needed?  My reply....................... Yes I did.  WE got your COACH so I got EVERYTHING I need.  Response from those around............................................. auugh, ha ha and oh man that hurts.  Me great big smile and then a follow up.  Where are the Holtz items?

Very good natured and fun with some other fans.  And after looking around and seeing their fans and facilities.  What a great place,  would make a great addition to the Big East.  I was impressed and would love to make regular trips there to see the Bulls continue their winning ways against the Pirates.

As always Go BULLS

Good post, would like to hear more about the stadium campus.

• Content Count:  335

Stadium looked very nice (erector type structure beneath).  Enclosed on both ends with the new endzone area about finished.  Dorms are in close walking distance with what looks like a lot of close parking.  Most of the near by area is very tree lined with lots of cherry blossoms I think.  Residential area is also close as there is a neighborhood behind the stadium.  Basketball and baseball softball stadiums also right close by.  All in all a very nice set up.  Not to start anything but must admit would love it see the same type of thing at USF.  Even a small pirate ship near one of the endzones (bow area only).  Must make for a great game day atmosphere.  If we ever play them again up there I will be there (have not seen any of the prior USF games there).

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Hey!  I didn't say I was from West Virginia!!!  Besides, I waited until she divorced her cousin before I married her. 

You made my day.  Thanks!  :ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

was going through a fleamarket in Asheville with my wife this weekend and had my Bulls shirt on.  Fellow looks at me and says, "You guys took our coach."  they miss CSH lots.

• Content Count:  1,829

Stadium looked very nice (erector type structure beneath).  Enclosed on both ends with the new endzone area about finished.  Dorms are in close walking distance with what looks like a lot of close parking.  Most of the near by area is very tree lined with lots of cherry blossoms I think.  Residential area is also close as there is a neighborhood behind the stadium.  Basketball and baseball softball stadiums also right close by.  All in all a very nice set up.  Not to start anything but must admit would love it see the same type of thing at USF.  Even a small pirate ship near one of the endzones (bow area only).  Must make for a great game day atmosphere.  If we ever play them again up there I will be there (have not seen any of the prior USF games there).

Thanks for the info and yeah as another said I too ran into ECU grads with my Bulls gear on in: Dillard,GA, NC,SC, all though the South East that said "you got our Skip", and go Bulls from some others. Geesh lots of Bulls making S.E. mountain road trips this year too. Well, again thank you.

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

ECU rhymes with gay.

:nope  Classless.

ECU is a solid school with (generally) good fans.  I wear green and gold up here all the time and get the same good-natured joking about "stealing" their coach regularly.  I do find their pirate stuff annoying, though...but I guess with an effing pirate ship in our stadium I can't really call them out on that.

Archived