• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wishing We Had A True Rival

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Oklahoma and Texas are tied to the hip and the winner of that game usually has a good chance to play for a national title if not a major bowl. Been that way since the days of the SWC and continues today. Don't just throw out stupidness to throw it out. Cmon son!

Oklahoma vs Texas started in 1900, 15 years before the SWC began playing.. OU only played in the SWC for 5 seasons ('15-'19).

OU has won 7 NC's and only one of those (2000) came while UT & OU were in the same conference (B12).  How's that for "stupidness" Mr deludeBull?

As I said before  OU -Texas began as nothing more meaningful than interstate bragging rights.

So then let's try to play UF every year.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

I think USF should stick with UCF.  I am a UCF student, but as already stated I think it should be done for recruiting reasons. I am also now a bigger fan of USF football due to the fact my brother plays there.  I believe as many do the best recruiting is found in the southeast namely here in FL.  Once UCF lands in a new conference and more then likely it will (due to our  facilities, school size, academics, and up and coming programs) it will be hard for USF to compete in recruiting without playing us.  I feel part of UCF's recruiting success this year is related to the fact that you guys did not come to our house and stomp us last year.  

WIthout a direct comparison like that I think UCF in a new conference could surpass USF recruting in a short period of time. The ammount of money being dumped into this school is unbelievable it must be city of orlando. We have the new stadium, brand new arena, new medical school, new theatre, new buildings popping up everywhere, not to mention the towers for the athletes to stay in right next to an indoor practice facility and all the places the athletes need to be.

So really in the end UCF in a good conference could make for a great rivalry bolstering both schools recruiting in Florida and not allowing out of state schools to pull from the area. I believe with a small amount of out of state recruiting on each football teams part Florida has more then enough recruits to eventually furnish 5 powerhouse schools.

• Content Count:  46

UCF does pretty well without the BCS label.  Honestly if they had not had such a horrible basketball facility (which they took care of), they could be the ones in the Big East now not wanting to play us.  We did crush them both times in RJS but I went to the game in the Citrus Bowl and we were lucky to win that game at the end.  And that was without Kevin Smith who got suspended for missing curfew.  To me that showed that O'Leary didn't take the games as seriously as CUSA conference games, until the last game of the series when they really amped up for the game.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I am still not seeing how you can say your facilites are a recruiting tool that is better than USF's. USF plays in a better stadium, has a larger athletic facility, and is getting 3 new practice fields that will open later this year.

Your recruiting was better in this past class because you actually focused on staying in state more. It had nothing to do with not playing USF.

One of your local TV stations all but said UCF was being invted to the Big East this year. That didn't seem to work out very well did it?

You did mnetion the amount of money being "dumped" into the athletic area there. Out of curiousity, how much debt is UCF in at this point in time in regards to their Athletic district?

Guest Sunburned

Oklahoma and Texas are tied to the hip and the winner of that game usually has a good chance to play for a national title if not a major bowl. Been that way since the days of the SWC and continues today. Don't just throw out stupidness to throw it out. Cmon son!

Oklahoma vs Texas started in 1900, 15 years before the SWC began playing.. OU only played in the SWC for 5 seasons ('15-'19).

OU has won 7 NC's and only one of those (2000) came while UT & OU were in the same conference (B12).  How's that for "stupidness" Mr deludeBull?

As I said before  OU -Texas began as nothing more meaningful than interstate bragging rights.

So then let's try to play UF every year.

I don't have a problem with that, except we need a home game every other year, and that's not like to happen anytime soon.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I think USF should stick with UCF.  I am a UCF student, but as already stated I think it should be done for recruiting reasons. I am also now a bigger fan of USF football due to the fact my brother plays there.  I believe as many do the best recruiting is found in the southeast namely here in FL.  Once UCF lands in a new conference and more then likely it will (due to our  facilities, school size, academics, and up and coming programs) it will be hard for USF to compete in recruiting without playing us.  I feel part of UCF's recruiting success this year is related to the fact that you guys did not come to our house and stomp us last year.  

WIthout a direct comparison like that I think UCF in a new conference could surpass USF recruting in a short period of time. The ammount of money being dumped into this school is unbelievable it must be city of orlando. We have the new stadium, brand new arena, new medical school, new theatre, new buildings popping up everywhere, not to mention the towers for the athletes to stay in right next to an indoor practice facility and all the places the athletes need to be.

So really in the end UCF in a good conference could make for a great rivalry bolstering both schools recruiting in Florida and not allowing out of state schools to pull from the area. I believe with a small amount of out of state recruiting on each football teams part Florida has more then enough recruits to eventually furnish 5 powerhouse schools.

You just provided reasons why USF SHOULDN'T be playing UCF at this point in time ... Thanks.

• Content Count:  14

I am still not seeing how you can say your facilites are a recruiting tool that is better than USF's. USF plays in a better stadium, has a larger athletic facility, and is getting 3 new practice fields that will open later this year.

Your recruiting was better in this past class because you actually focused on staying in state more. It had nothing to do with not playing USF.

One of your local TV stations all but said UCF was being invted to the Big East this year. That didn't seem to work out very well did it?

You did mnetion the amount of money being "dumped" into the athletic area there. Out of curiousity, how much debt is UCF in at this point in time in regards to their Athletic district?

I know this will not be taken lightly on this board, and I would rather not start a flame war, but facilities meaning campus as a whole is often touted to be nicer then USF.  As far as athletics the RJS is very nice and great for recruiting, but I've often heard the wish for an on campus stadium from USF fans. Most athletes I talk to prefer the RJS to on campus because "Tailgating Atmosphere" is not something they deal with so RJS has the recruting edge. The USF sports center is also a little nicer, however the athletic dorms at UCF are nicer (I've been in both UCF newer, larger, better looking)  and we have nicer practice fields including an indoor one (I'm not sure what good it does but I know for a fact athletes like it most likely for shade). As far as debt I am unsure I'm sure you can google it as easily as I could.  And yes I agree USF should not play us at this time we've been beaten by you 4 times you have nothing left to prove unless things change.

Guest cgossage

Gossage sounds like a UCF homer trying to give reasons for a "rivalry" against UCF.

USF has no rivalry unfortunately.

LOL One thing I'm not a UCF homer.  I'm a USF alumni.  I've been part of the USF alumni association for 3 years and had season tickets for 3 years.  Second, I just get annoyed by arrogant *** USF fans wish is sad considering I graduated from USF.  I'm just a realist and I know how far we have gone.  USF has never won conference title in Conference USA or Big East.  I don't know our exact conference record but majority of the time it was like 3-4.   I swear some USF fans are almost as bad as Gator fans but the difference is they have a reason to brag because they won 2 National Titles in the last 4 years.   So ...like I said before.. I want USF to win but at the same time..I know a few big wins here and there doesn't mean we made it yet (Auburn, West Virginia, FSU, and Kansas)

Guest Sunburned

What makes UCF's practice fields better than USF's??  BTW USF will have 3 brand new practice fields (2 grass, 1 Turf)  in December of this year

Archived