• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Q&A with Plant offensive tackle Tony Posada

Guest nybullsfan

Not a rant at all, it was a relevant discussion to Tony Posada however triple made an assertion that Tony was taking a pay-cut by possibly decommitting from UM.  Just not following his insinuation or logic, and was asking him to explain...and the explanation was equally as confusing.

I am to guess then that there is no logic behind Tony Posada possibly getting paid at UM, or Plant or wherever triple was alluding to.  Just 'tongue-in-cheek' banter. ;D

Well, that's the polite way to put it, just a philosophical disagreement among the intelligentia.

Intelligentsia ...   ;)

The Russians cooped the word from the Latin  "intellingentia". It was a class term  used in 1860's Russian literature.The Russians actually spelled with the "y" as they are prone to do. "Intelligentsia" is probably a bastardization created by the Americans as they are want to do. I'm sure all 3 spellings are acceptable although You can correct to the American version if you so desire.

(ĭn-tĕl'ə-jĕnt'sē-ə, -gĕnt'-) pronunciation

n.

The intellectual elite of a society.

[Russian intelligentsiya, from Latin intelligentia, intelligence, from intelligēns, intelligent-, intelligent. See intelligent.]

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/intelligentsia#ixzz1AIa3ltSA

I think you mean "as they are wont to do"  >:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Not a rant at all, it was a relevant discussion to Tony Posada however triple made an assertion that Tony was taking a pay-cut by possibly decommitting from UM.  Just not following his insinuation or logic, and was asking him to explain...and the explanation was equally as confusing.

I am to guess then that there is no logic behind Tony Posada possibly getting paid at UM, or Plant or wherever triple was alluding to.  Just 'tongue-in-cheek' banter. ;D

Well, that's the polite way to put it, just a philosophical disagreement among the intelligentia.

Intelligentsia ...   ;)

The Russians cooped the word from the Latin  "intellingentia". It was a class term  used in 1860's Russian literature.The Russians actually spelled with the "y" as they are prone to do. "Intelligentsia" is probably a bastardization created by the Americans as they are want to do. I'm sure all 3 spellings are acceptable although You can correct to the American version if you so desire.

n.

[Russian intelligentsiya, from Latin intelligentia, intelligence, from intelligēns, intelligent-, intelligent. See intelligent.]

of course you are coreect. didn't prof too will.

Guest nybullsfan

Intelligentsia ...   ;)

n.

Just thought it was funny in the context of correcting a typo, that's all  ;D

Intelligentsia ...   ;)

n.

The "context" was that I was defending the earlier usage of a term not "correcting a typo". I let them slide all the time. Can this be the last grammatical post in this thread, PUHLEEZE!!!!

Guest nybullsfan

Intelligentsia ...   ;)

n.

The "context" was that I was defending the earlier usage of a term not "correcting a typo". I let them slide all the time. Can this be the last grammatical post in this thread, PUHLEEZE!!!!

Not a chance in hell since you misspelled "please" >:D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Intelligentsia ...   ;)

n.

Not a chance in hell since you misspelled "please" >:D

:D

I heard today that Tony had really wanted to come to USF. Wonder how things are for him at MI. There is still time Tony. I am sure all here would welcome you with open arms since USF may have screwed the pooch on this recruitment anyway.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I heard today that Tony had really wanted to come to USF. Wonder how things are for him at MI. There is still time Tony. I am sure all here would welcome you with open arms since USF may have screwed the pooch on this recruitment anyway.

Please explain.  How did USF screw the pooch?  If he wanted to come to USF, why did he put a UM hat on at his announcement?  Did USF coaches tell him "no, we don't want you?"

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Curious about what makes you think USF "screwed the pooch" with Tony. USF just went about and filled its offensive lineman slots. I feel bad for the kid if he wanted to fall back on USF now that Rich Rod got canned at Big Blue, but those are the breaks. He should have committed to USF from the get-go rather than going with Michigan. Also, he's a Plant kid, I doubt he ever thought we were "big time" enough for someone who attended that fine institution on Dale Mabry.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I heard today that Tony had really wanted to come to USF.

He hid it pretty well ....

Looks like we are out of it.

Free blurb on Scout:

Running Hot and Cold 

Tony Posada  By Allen Wallace

National Recruiting Editor

Date: Aug 10, 2010

“It’s between Michigan and Texas Tech,†said Florida offensive tackle Tony Posada, who will announce his choice tomorrow. “It’s more about off the field than on the field now. I’m going to sit down with my coach tonight and weigh out all the pros and cons for each school, but I think for me the deciding factor will be the weather." Posada said the atmosphere of the school and the coaches is...

Google news blurb on that article:

Running Hot and Cold 

SuperPrep.com (subscription) - Allen Wallace - ‎1 hour ago‎

“USF really never was really in it,†he said. “I guess I had them in my top list because they were my in-state school, but I really never liked the ... (atmosphere, per Bill)  

I'm not sure what he never liked.

Archived