• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF game at Florida set for 12:21 kickof

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Yes it will be hot.  But it can't be any hotter than the FAU game down in that high school soccer stadium.  As long as they don't run out of water we'll survive.  And be sure to bring lots of SPF 30. 

It was so hot at FAU I almost passed out. Thankfully, I was able to get out of the heat by getting admitted into a USF official seating area which had a canopy.

Maybe, I can use that same excuse @UF.  ;D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

FSU was a scorcher as well.

I didnt think FSU game was bad at all. At least for me

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Crap, what about that year when Grothe made his first start @ UCF, that was frikin hot. To me that is the heat standard.

This.  Add to that sitting right next to a 10 foot concrete wall where any hope of air movement is dashed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I just didn't like getting squished on all sides, by a lot of fat USF fans in my row.  >:(

This is why you can take your "traditional" antiquated college football stadiums and shove them and explains why people stand the whole game at most universities.... We were living right for that game because our seats were the top row right under the boxes ... Could stand and lean against the wall and was in shade the whole game until the very end ... Almost had a stroke just leaving in that heat, I can;t imagine having to have been in it for 3 plus hours.

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

The eastside stands that used to get the direct sun at the old Tampa Stadium had to be the hottest place on the planet Earth. 

I remember attending one o'clock Buc games in the early Buc years when utility/golf carts would run up and down the ramps the entire games  from ground level full of bagged ice driving up to the upper decks, when the ice was delivered upstairs for the concessions they would throw passed out fans onto the carts to take downstairs for medical attention.  It was like that almost the entire afternoon.

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Now in the interest of full disclosure, I don't remember much of the first UCF game at the Citrus bowl (and let me just say I was well hydrated), but the ABSOLUTE hottest game was the Alabama game in Birmingham. 

Another lovely no water poop hole stadium where we had the worst seats in the house and the heat index had to be well over 110 F.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Yes it will be hot.  But it can't be any hotter than the FAU game down in that high school soccer stadium.  As long as they don't run out of water we'll survive.  And be sure to bring lots of SPF 30. 

It was so hot at FAU I almost passed out. Thankfully, I was able to get out of the heat by getting admitted into a USF official seating area which had a canopy.

Maybe, I can use that same excuse @UF.  ;D

That FAU game and the following hot one at Ray Jay against UCF are the reason we became Green Jacket donors - to get club access and be able to get out of the heat.

• Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

I remember thinking that hell was seeping out of the ground in Tallahassee the day we played FSU. God it was hot. My buddy kept falling over into the people in front of us because he was delirious from the heat.

• Content Count:  356

It was so hot, I saw people sticking popsicles in places other than their mouths...

• Content Count:  1,241

Unfortunately I'll be missing this game. Ill be in Santa Barbara on business.

Wonder what the chances are of me getting it taped and watching it in my hotel room before catching the red eye back.

Archived