• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pan Am Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Jeeze guys, lighten up.  Jim was making a joke.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

My responses were a bit harsh, but it really annoys me when someone comes asking a question when it is obvious they haven't tried to find the answer for themselves first. It's lazy and a waste of everyone's time. Google is a great tool, there's no reason not to use it to find info. That's all anyone else would have done to find the answer for him.

I just don't know any situation in which relying on others to do your research for you is a good thing. It would be another matter if he had tried to find it and couldn't.

Guest nybullsfan

He did answer it. The answer was, "you're on the ******* internet, look it up yourself."

As the the next Pan-Am games are not until [a date in the future I'm not going to tell the thread-starter, who needs to learn how to use Google], I think the real answer would be obvious to anyone who did three seconds of research.

My responses were a bit harsh, but it really annoys me when someone comes asking a question when it is obvious they haven't tried to find the answer for themselves first. It's lazy and a waste of everyone's time. Google is a great tool, there's no reason not to use it to find info. That's all anyone else would have done to find the answer for him.

I just don't know any situation in which relying on others to do your research for you is a good thing. It would be another matter if he had tried to find it and couldn't.

When things like that annoy me, I have learned to just move on to the next message.

There is no good reason for you to appoint yourself policeman over the board.

Welcome to my ignore list.

He did answer it. The answer was, "you're on the ******* internet, look it up yourself."

As the the next Pan-Am games are not until [a date in the future I'm not going to tell the thread-starter, who needs to learn how to use Google], I think the real answer would be obvious to anyone who did three seconds of research.

When things like that annoy me, I have learned to just move on to the next message.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Oh the irony!

• Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

I looked online already and I haven't been able to determine if these games are on tv/radio locally. Does anyone know any details yet? Anyone else more skilled in searching the web have any answers?

I looked online already and I haven't been able to determine if these games are on tv/radio locally. Does anyone know any details yet? Anyone else more skilled in searching the web have any answers?

The only thing I could find said that ESPN Deportes aired some of the games from a similar tournament in 2007. I think this is the first time the university championships have been held separately from the Pan-Am Games (it might even be the first-ever university championships, not sure). We probably won't know more until it's closer (ESPN doesn't have any TV listings available for that week).

The organization that, per a USF press release, is hosting this (called the Pan American University Sports Federation) doesn't even have an English version of its <a href="http://www.odupa.org/">Web site</a> that I can find. The organizer - called the International University Sports Federation - doesn't even list the tournament on its calender. So who knows.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

the 2nd flag is the Colombian flag :)

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The organization that, per a USF press release, is hosting this (called the Pan American University Sports Federation) doesn't even have an English version of its <a href="http://www.odupa.org/">Web site</a> that I can find. The organizer - called the International University Sports Federation - doesn't even list the tournament on its calender. So who knows.

This brazilian website appears to be the official tournament website, see link below:

http://www.cbdu.org.br/hotsite/basquete/index

The International University Sports Federation had the tournament listed for June, and someone in the comments asked them to correct it to Aug 8-15th. That's where I got the link from.

Archived