• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls beat FIU, 74-66.

Guest wildrover

Has USF ever been ranked in Basketball?  I became a student there in 2000 and didn't really start paying attention until maybe 2001, I don't ever remember the Bulls making much noise in basketball during my early days at USF but i wasn't paying much attention either.  When was the hey day for that team?  Was it ever hard to get a seat in the dome?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Watched the game on Sunshine in Arizona... it was so empty it made me sick to my stomach. No one was there to taunt FIWho! Whatever happened to the section behind the backboard? All my people at work were laughing at me as I was pulling my hair out during the game and they kept asking if that was a home game or a game played in BFE. Thank God we pulled it out... with five minutes left and us in a dogfight, I was quite worried.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

leather should get 10 or more assists when he is getting double and triple teAmed

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

slowly but surely usf will improve under coach mac and fans will return

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Last year, this is a game we would have lost.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

The attendance is very puzzling.  Only 1,052 were there.  The 800 - 900 season tickets (not including students) on the first level are supposedly "sold out".  Where are these people?  Last night there was no Lightning game, no other events in Tampa, no big sports on tv and the kids are out of school.  We are running out of excuses.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

The attendance is very puzzling.  Only 1,052 were there.  The 800 - 900 season tickets (not including students) on the first level are supposedly "sold out".  Where are these people?  Last night there was no Lightning game, no other events in Tampa, no big sports on tv and the kids are out of school.  We are running out of excuses.

A 6pm start time vs. a no-name team at the peak of Christmas shopping season should not detour a fanatic but I can see where a casual fan may elect to drive home from work and eat dinner in front of the tube watching the game.  Heck, my wife made appointments for our dogs to go to the vet (rapie shots) Monday at 6:30 so I missed everything.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

A 6pm start time vs. a no-name team at the peak of Christmas shopping season should not detour a fanatic but I can see where a casual fan may elect to drive home from work and eat dinner in front of the tube watching the game.  Heck, my wife made appointments for our dogs to go to the vet (rapie shots) Monday at 6:30 so I missed everything.

You forgot to add that we were 7-20 last year.  That's going to hurt attendence more than anything.  If we had pulled off the wins against Michigan ans South Carolina a lot more people would have attended the game.

College athletics are a great sports entertainment value, but the casual fan is not going to pony up too much money for a losing team.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

I have season tickets, but there is no way I can make a 6:00pm start on a weeknight.   If I was in Tampa it might be a different story,  but getting off work at 3:30 to make the game is not an option for me.   With the holidays and the short work week schedules it is tough cut out early for a game.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I think there is more than 800-900 season tickets total.  There has to be...  each section is 20 seats wide and at least 15 rows up.    300 per section, 4 lower level sections.  I don't know the actual # though.