• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why are we hating on UCF in Big East?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Guys let me get this straight we (USF fans) don't want ucf in BE because it will weaken our already weak conference. So, in 2004/2005 when Miami, VT, and BC left the BE wasn't weakened when we, UC, and UL were added? Yes, UC and UL have had successful BB programs, they are hardly known as football schools. We all came from CUSA. Sorry, I still see the irony in the fact that uf, FSU, and UM should play us, but we shouldn't play ucf?? It has been said that they aren't in a BCS conference. So, before we got into the BE no one here thought that The Big 3 shouldn't play us. As for unruly fans, I'll tread on sacred ground here, don't sell beer at that game. Anyone on here that knows me, knows I love to occasioanally tilt a "few" back every now and again. But I can go a game with just drinking while tailgating.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Guys let me get this straight we (USF fans) don't want ucf in BE because it will weaken our already weak conference. So, in 2004/2005 when Miami, VT, and BC left the BE wasn't weakened when we, UC, and UL were added? Yes, UC and UL have had successful BB programs, they are hardly known as football schools. We all came from CUSA. Sorry, I still see the irony in the fact that uf, FSU, and UM should play us, but we shouldn't play ucf?? It has been said that they aren't in a BCS conference. So, before we got into the BE no one here thought that The Big 3 shouldn't play us. As for unruly fans, I'll tread on sacred ground here, don't sell beer at that game. Anyone on here that knows me, knows I love to occasioanally tilt a "few" back every now and again. But I can go a game with just drinking while tailgating.

Don't get me wrong, but wasn't Louisville already successful?  They were ranked number 10 in the nation before playing a big east game.

EDIT:  Ya, I just looked up there prior schedules, and they were a very successful football program. They went 27-11 in there three years before coming to the big east.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

UL was a consistent top 25 football team then and they ended the previous year before the Big East at #8.

UL, UC, and USF were added to keep the league alive. Currently, no Big East team has left the conference, so there really shouldn't be a rush to expand right now. Therein lies the difference.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

This move won't keep teams from leaving.

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

I just can't see the non football playing programs going for this. The power would shift to the football side of things and those programs have tried to keep that from happening.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You're bringing in WEAK teams into already none nationally as a WEAK conference. Memphis sucks big time in football. And ucf can't beat a BCS team, or win a bowl to save it's life. I was all for bringing in B12 leftovers. That would have save the BE. I hope that the other conferences expand.

This is my only concern.  It does not strengthen the league.

I know it's a REAL longshot, but I would talk with Penn State.  The Big Ten didn't go East (yet) like JoPa wanted.  I would also give Notre Dame the much talked about, "ultimatum".  Before anyone jumps me, I know that neither will happen.

• Content Count:  509

I just can't see the non football playing programs going for this. The power would shift to the football side of things and those programs have tried to keep that from happening.

Also USF should not allow it to happen! If I am correct, but I might be wrong about this, every BE members needs to approve a new team joining the conference??

• Content Count:  1,412

Don't get me wrong, but wasn't Louisville already successful? They were ranked number 10 in the nation before playing a big east game.

EDIT: Ya, I just looked up there prior schedules, and they were a very successful football program. They went 27-11 in there three years before coming to the big east.

1) you are correct, when we came in we did weaken the conference compared to VT, UM and BC... Do you want to weaken it more?

2) Them being in a BCS conference gives them more credibility and WILL ABSOLUTELY hurt our recruiting.

I do not want UCF in our conference! They suck and I would like them to continue to suck in someone else's conference.  Yes this is selfish, guess what I don't root for them either when they play.  If they would go to DIV 1AA or fcs or whatever it is called, I would be all for it!

Them getting worse off or not getting better IS GOOD FOR USF!  simple!

Also USF should not allow it to happen! If I am correct, but I might be wrong about this, every BE members needs to approve a new team joining the conference??

They probably wouldn't get votes from WVU and Pitt since they bailed on road trips for football to those 2 programs

Archived