• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why are we hating on UCF in Big East?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Hearing some of you actually flounder in your stance about the addition of UCF is amazing...for many reasons.

#1.  In strictly a business move, hiring a competitor, especially a weaker one who can only move up, when you are still trying to prove yourself as a program is grounds for failing.  We are not UF or FSU, already proven programs with decades of success behind us.  We weaken ourselves and our recruiting base and strengthen theirs.  That is foolish.

#2.  Recruiting.  We already basically recruit the same area.  Florida and now Georgia.  The pecking order is UF, UM, FSU, USF, UCF, FAU and FIU.  Much of that reason is based on who we have to coach our kids but mostly about who the coaches can sign.  We just beat FSU and Leavitt and Co. again let the momentum of that win simply blow away like the wind.  It is arguable that USF is BETTER than FSU RIGHT NOW, no matter what Rivals or Scout says about the strength or our recruiting classes.  It weaken our recruiting.

#3.  Rivalries.  Arizona vs. Arizona St.  Do you care?  And that rivalry, if you want to call it a rivalry, is ten times more of one than USF vs. UCF.   How about UNLV vs. Nevada?  USF vs. UCF IS UNLV vs. Nevada.  You really want to see that every year?  Leavitt was wise dropping that game on a year to year basis.  And who says UCF has to be in our conference to make it a rivalry?  You Pro UCiFer's, by fault, have made a major mistake.  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE TO BE IN THE SAME CONFERENCE TO BE A RIVAL.  Ever heard of ND vs. Michigan.  ND vs. USC.  UF is in the SEC.  FSU used to be the only Florida team in the ACC AND was also an independent.  UM was in the BE before it moved to the ACC.    A rival is a rival no matter how you spin it.  

+ 1 best post so far!

UCF joining the BE only hurts USF. If USF has the chance to block them from joining they should do so! Failing to do so should be considered a failure by the USF admin.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Hearing some of you actually flounder in your stance about the addition of UCF is amazing...for many reasons.

#1.  In strictly a business move, hiring a competitor, especially a weaker one who can only move up, when you are still trying to prove yourself as a program is grounds for failing.  We are not UF or FSU, already proven programs with decades of success behind us.  We weaken ourselves and our recruiting base and strengthen theirs.  That is foolish.

UF was more than we are when they started playing FSU who was no one.

#2.  Recruiting.  We already basically recruit the same area.  Florida and now Georgia.  The pecking order is UF, UM, FSU, USF, UCF, FAU and FIU.  Much of that reason is based on who we have to coach our kids but mostly about who the coaches can sign.  We just beat FSU and Leavitt and Co. again let the momentum of that win simply blow away like the wind.  It is arguable that USF is BETTER than FSU RIGHT NOW, no matter what Rivals or Scout says about the strength or our recruiting classes.  It weaken our recruiting.

See UF -vs- FSU above, yea it sure has killed uf recruting hasn't it? To think that we are better than FSU right now is laughable (As some will say I've been referred to as a "halfer" or something like that. Yes I like FSU and had tickets there, never hide the fact, But my money and my loyalties go to USF, and I had green on last year in Tally). Watch this year and see what FSU does. I think that you'll be quite surprised.

#3.  Rivalries.  Arizona vs. Arizona St.  Do you care?  And that rivalry, if you want to call it a rivalry, is ten times more of one than USF vs. UCF.   How about UNLV vs. Nevada?  USF vs. UCF IS UNLV vs. Nevada.  You really want to see that every year?  Leavitt was wise dropping that game on a year to year basis.  And who says UCF has to be in our conference to make it a rivalry?  You Pro UCiFer's, by fault, have made a major mistake.  YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE TO BE IN THE SAME CONFERENCE TO BE A RIVAL.  Ever heard of ND vs. Michigan.  ND vs. USC.  UF is in the SEC.  FSU used to be the only Florida team in the ACC AND was also an independent.  UM was in the BE before it moved to the ACC.    A rival is a rival no matter how you spin it.  

See UF -vs- FSU, UF pushed for FSU to be added to the SEC for approx 20 to 30 years before the rest of the SEC came along circa 1992.

You guys are right, UL was a great football program (playing in what conference)?

They have won a Big East Championship. Next!!

The BE is a weak conference. (not said by me, but by many of fans that think the same way you do) NEXT!!

I could give a **** about ucf joining or not joining. It's not up to me, or anyone on this board. Bottom line is, IMO some of you sound klike whiny little kids "if you let Timmy play, I'm taking my ball and going home". Think about it.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The BE is a weak conference. (not said by me, but by many of fans that think the same way you do) NEXT!!

It is? Just because it is small in the number of teams playing doesn't make it weak. You can easily make a case that the Big East has been better than the ACC since 2005. The Big East also has one of the best OOC game records of all the BCS leagues.

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

It is? Just because it is small in the number of teams playing doesn't make it weak. You can easily make a case that the Big East has been better than the ACC since 2005. The Big East also has one of the best OOC game records of all the BCS leagues.

I would have to agree.  The big east was 1 second from getting a team to the BCS champ game.  The ACC cannot say that.  We need a few BCS wins and the BE will gain a lot more respect.

Can you flippin' read? Let me type it again.

(not said by me, but by many of fans that think the same way you do)

You're bringing in WEAK teams into already none nationally as a WEAK conference. Memphis ***** big time in football. And ucf can't beat a BCS team, or win a bowl to save it's life. I was all for bringing in B12 leftovers. That would have save the BE. I hope that the other conferences expand.

• Content Count:  5,881

I could give a **** about ucf joining or not joining. It's not up to me, or anyone on this board. Bottom line is, IMO some of you sound klike whiny little kids "if you let Timmy play, I'm taking my ball and going home". Think about it.

You need to read your own post when talking about people whining.

I would have to agree.  The big east was 1 second from getting a team to the BCS champ game.  The ACC cannot say that.  We need a few BCS wins and the BE will gain a lot more respect.

The BE was 1 second away from getting a team have the living **** be out of them in the BCS title game. Let's face facts. The BE is currently on par with the ACC, but if you ask "those in the know" which conference the most likely to produce a NC in the next 5 years I would bet an overwhelming margin would say the ACC. I agree completely with the BCS win assessment, we need our champion to consistently play like wvu did in their BCS showing.

• Content Count:  10,565

Can you flippin' read? Let me type it again.

(not said by me, but by many of fans that think the same way you do)

You're bringing in WEAK teams into already none nationally as a WEAK conference. Memphis ***** big time in football. And ucf can't beat a BCS team, or win a bowl to save it's life. I was all for bringing in B12 leftovers. That would have save the BE. I hope that the other conferences expand.

I did read it. You can go back to whoever you heard it from and let them know that the Big East isn't the weakest BCS league out there.

That being said, I don't believe the rumor that is out there, unless the Big 10 is going to grab someone here by next week. There is no reason to add these programs right now if everything is going to stay the same. Those programs will still be out there if the Big East needs them. Right now, they are not needed.

Archived