• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

usf needs to increase revenue

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

Bull 94 GETS IT!  Football runs athletic programs anyway so the rest of the programs fend for themselves anyway.  The greatest coach in NCAA football history, Bobby Bowden built FSU football that way, with agates.  This cowardly SEC BS playing OOC cupcakes and avoiding strong OOC competition makes me puke.  When was the last time UF played a WVU, Texas A&M or Rutgers?

I would say Holtz could do it too, just knock off the Stoney Brooks and add one or two more heavies.  Play a Nebraska and a Michigan, plus UF and a UCF plus our seven in-conference games in the BE makes 11 and play another lower tier Big 12 team like Kansas.

I like the idea, we could join the A10 for all other sports.  The only problem would be would these schools schedule us. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Bull 94 GETS IT!  Football runs athletic programs anyway so the rest of the programs fend for themselves anyway.  The greatest coach in NCAA football history, Bobby Bowden built FSU football that way, with agates.  This cowardly SEC BS playing OOC cupcakes and avoiding strong OOC competition makes me puke.  When was the last time UF played a WVU, Texas A&M or Rutgers?

I would say Holtz could do it too, just knock off the Stoney Brooks and add one or two more heavies.  Play a Nebraska and a Michigan, plus UF and a UCF plus our seven in-conference games in the BE makes 11 and play another lower tier Big 12 team like Kansas.

I like the idea, we could join the A10 for all other sports.  The only problem would be would these schools schedule us. 

top 20 programs would jump at the chance to sign 2 for 1's with us. That would be 4 away and 2 home games every year.

Texas played UCf in a 2 for 1 with the first game @ UCF.

FSU and Miami have us scheduled for 1 for 1's now so there is no reason why we can't get quality opponents to sign on for those. 4 of those a year and that's 2 more home and 2 away.

we would need 2 more home games for a balanced 6-6 schedule. Bring in one and done for those.

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Smazza did you send your check to USF Athletics and if so how much?

• Content Count:  771

top 20 programs would jump at the chance to sign 2 for 1's with us. That would be 4 away and 2 home games every year.

Texas played UCf in a 2 for 1 with the first game @ UCF.

FSU and Miami have us scheduled for 1 for 1's now so there is no reason why we can't get quality opponents to sign on for those. 4 of those a year and that's 2 more home and 2 away.

we would need 2 more home games for a balanced 6-6 schedule. Bring in one and done for those.

What if we started winning would they continue scheduling us??  Not trying to be a negative nancy, but we are not ND.  If they would I like the idea.  I think we would need to start winning and becoming a prime time program for the SEC or ACC to consider us in this scenario.

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

bull94 suggested we go independent, thus we wouldn't have any conference games....just an observation

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Smazza did you send your check to USF Athletics and if so how much?

Not that he owes anyone an explaination, but he never answers that question.

• Content Count:  99

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic.

• Content Count:  99

I have been saying USF should change their scheduling for years. Going independent is not the answer.

The need to start playing major programs every year OOC. They honestly have nothing to lose and everything to gain. This is the opposite of a Florida which would have everything to lose and nothing to gain by doing this(which is why they don't).

Unlike Florida, USF needs the increased revenue and increased recognition that playing a big name OOC opponent provides.

Some of you may be delusional, but just accept the fact the USF isn't winning a NC anytime soon. They also aren't getting into the BCS as an at large team.

So OOC game results will not keep USF from winning a NC or from making a BCS game.

They have nothing to lose and this can be a huge advantage.

USF should try and schedule at least 2 big time programs every year. Even if it means 2 and 1's, 3 and 1's, even 1 and dones.

These will result in big paydays and an increased awareness of the program. I'm not talking about South Carolina's, NC Sts, etc...

I am talking about Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Mich, Alabama, UGA, UF, LSU.

USF is good enough that it is going to win some of these games every now and then. If they lose it doesn't effect the Big East results at all. It will increase revenues and national profiles and I truly believe will lead to USF competing for national championships a lot sooner then if they keep playing the Elon's of the world. Plus who doesn't like the take on all comer's rep that comes with it.

• Content Count:  143

I was dead serious.  My option of NOT going Independent and simply staying in the BE would make for USF recruiting better overall...in-state, regionally and over time nationally.  Plus right now the uneven scheduling the BE provides with four home and three away every other years allows us to play 4 in-cons, an FAU (one time every year switch with FIU and UCiF, yearly) @ home, makes five.  Say one more home, an Oklahoma or Michigan or Georgia or UF-FSU-UM, for example for the backside of a 2-1, and that makes six home games.  With a 12 games season that leaves us 6 away, three BE games and games against heavies AWAY.  Those being Nebraska, Arizona and Penn State.  Road warriors.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I have been saying USF should change their scheduling for years. Going independent is not the answer.

The need to start playing major programs every year OOC. They honestly have nothing to lose and everything to gain. This is the opposite of a Florida which would have everything to lose and nothing to gain by doing this(which is why they don't).

Unlike Florida, USF needs the increased revenue and increased recognition that playing a big name OOC opponent provides.

Some of you may be delusional, but just accept the fact the USF isn't winning a NC anytime soon. They also aren't getting into the BCS as an at large team.

So OOC game results will not keep USF from winning a NC or from making a BCS game.

They have nothing to lose and this can be a huge advantage.

USF should try and schedule at least 2 big time programs every year. Even if it means 2 and 1's, 3 and 1's, even 1 and dones.

These will result in big paydays and an increased awareness of the program. I'm not talking about South Carolina's, NC Sts, etc...

I am talking about Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio St, Mich, Alabama, UGA, UF, LSU.

USF is good enough that it is going to win some of these games every now and then. If they lose it doesn't effect the Big East results at all. It will increase revenues and national profiles and I truly believe will lead to USF competing for national championships a lot sooner then if they keep playing the Elon's of the world. Plus who doesn't like the take on all comer's rep that comes with it.

we make more playing Elon at home than we would playing any top college on the road. that's why everybody plays cupcakes. Programs are more worried about generating revenue than they are about giving their fans a decent product.

That's ruining college football.

FSU and Miami built their programs from scratch playing as independents.

How much revenue do we really need?

stick every program but football in the atlantic 10. They all seem to do fine without football generating revenue for them.

The purpose of our football program should be to go out and make a name for our school.

The only way to truly put ourselves on the map is to do what FSU and Miami did in the 80's and early 90's. Play as an independent and play anybody, anywhere, anytime.

I would take a schedule like I proposed over any we have now even if we don't have a bowl game.

We haven't had a season yet where our bowl opponent was better than every opponent during the regular season. Bowls are nothing more than glorified road games for both teams. It sucks getting stuck playing NIU or Memphis.

Archived