• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

EXPANSION THREAD: KU/KSU/ISU/MU to BIG EAST

Should BE invite KU and KSU right NOW!  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Did I miss something? Did the ACC move, is the SEC now not considering expansion? If UT and aTm with others go to the Pac10, then it would be natural for the SEC to look East, more particularly Atlanta, Greenville, and Tallahassee (plus one other team). If that happens, then it would be a no brainer for the BE “football†schools to merge with some of the remaining ACC schools. There are so many what if scenarios, but why isn’t anyone mentioning the BE/ACC possible combination?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this is so exciting

• Content Count:  771
  • Days Won:  0

If you look at it.  The acc is almost going to have to merge with the remaining big east football teams to stay relevant.  There are even more rumblings going on if both the 10's go to 16 then the SEC will follow suit.  It would almost be a necessity, because the pac 10 would have oklahoma, texas big 10 would have nebraska, nd.

• Content Count:  4,738

if Kansas teams get left out of the musical chairs by Pac10 and Big 10, and Big 12 is decimated, Mountain West could scoop them up

• Content Count:  4,501

Let's pretend we are actually in Lala Land where a conference composed of eastern teams would even be willing to consider adding teams from the great plains.

The Big East cannot truly be proactive here unless the basketball schools are okay with growing bigger.  And the only way that would happen is if the Big East added non-football schools as well.

It's like the slave/non-slave balance in the early 1800s... only without the racsim and social injustices.

Add Kanas? Sure, then we add UMass.  Add KSTate? Okay, but we get to add Xavier.

That whole thing would be such a mess I don't see how it would work.  I have been laughed at already but I tell ya we should be at Texas right now with our hand out saying "can we please replace Nebraska if you don't merge with the Pac-10"  Maybe we should be doing that at OK since we at least have ties there.  I am really sick of  being in a basketball conference and going into the ACC isn't much better - especially if the SEC raids them.  Everyone keeps thinking about USF and the BE as if it is a marriage made in heaven.  We moved to a BCS conference and it was great but not so much since it is run by BB.  I mean if the Pac-10 can invision Texas going to Washington why can't we invision them coming to Florida.  Folks have said Utah or Houston or whoever but an arguement could be made for USF.  I know I would sure take a swing at it.  Worst they can do is say no.  Don't you think Texas would like some more exposure for recruiting in Fl ?  Smack the SEC a little.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I would ask KU, K State, Colorado, Colorado State, Houston, and Memphis to get to 14 teams and divide the conference into an east west divsions.  West Teams:  KU, K State, Colorado, Colorado State, Houston, Memphis, L'Ville  East Teams:  Rutgers, Cuse, UConn, Pitt, Wva, Cincy, and USF.

• Content Count:  771

I would ask KU, K State, Colorado, Colorado State, Houston, and Memphis to get to 14 teams and divide the conference into an east west divsions.  West Teams:  KU, K State, Colorado, Colorado State, Houston, Memphis, L'Ville  East Teams:  Rutgers, Cuse, UConn, Pitt, Wva, Cincy, and USF.

would we leave the big east i'm assuming.  the basketball schools would not be for this at all.  I am assuming that this conference would be the big 14 and would reapply for bcs status.

• Content Count:  509

My predictions:

Nebraska, Missouri, Notre Dame, and Rutgers will join the Big Ten.

Colorado,Texas, Texas Tech,Texas A&M,Oklahoma,Oklahoma State to Pac 10.

Kansas, Kansas State, and two ACC members to SEC.

6 current Big East members are picked up by the ACC. Best hope for USF is that either Miami or FSU is picked up by SEC.

• Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

The SEC would never take Kansas and Kansas State. I also thought it was known that Colorado will not go to the Pac 10 because the rest of the Texas schools want Baylor to come (package deal pretty much).

• Content Count:  849

The SEC would never take Kansas and Kansas State. I also thought it was known that Colorado will not go to the Pac 10 because the rest of the Texas schools want Baylor to come (package deal pretty much).

Nope not according to sources at ESPN and orangeblood.com (Texas site).....Colorado will get the Pac 10 invite leaving Baylor out in the cold

Archived