• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

EXPANSION THREAD: KU/KSU/ISU/MU to BIG EAST

Should BE invite KU and KSU right NOW!  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Should the BE continue with their current (non) strategy of sitting back, doing nothing, and waiting while other conference pick who they want, or should Marnatto be burning up the phone lines bringing in the likes of KU and KSU immediatly while also announcing a BE network.  So basically, do nothing or act now.  Which one.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

probably not as easy as it sounds.

and not to get geographical on anyone...but Kansas and Kansas st have no business being in a conf called "Big East'

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

not yet.  but there is a scenario where I would support it. 

we caught a break with the PAC 10 playing the Big 10 like it did.  we should wait and see how this plays out.

Guest AstroBull

and not to get geographical on anyone...but Kansas and Kansas st have no business being in a conf called "Big East'

Neither does Cincy, Marquette, and DePaul

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I think we continue to be bound by the Big East basketball schools.

From their perspective.....we are already at 16....why would we expand?

They figure is we lose, Rutgers, Syracuse, maybe Pitt or UConn.....they can replace those schools. Even without those 4 schools the Big East is still a very good Basketball and Olympic sport conference.

That is why I continue to see the Big East sit tight. The football schools are basically the red-headed step children of the conference. They are stuck so to speak.

I mean if you are the President or AD of Villanova, Seton Hall, Providence or Georgetown, what do you care about all this expansion talk. They don't get that football money. Even if all 8 football schools left....you still have a good basketball conference and could even work with the A-10 to make it better. I think we just have to sit an wait it out.

Guest Sunburned

Cincy (Cincinnati), Marquette (Milwaukee), and DePau l(Chicago) are all located East of the Mississippi River, KU and KSU are not even close.

Cincy (Cincinnati), Marquette (Milwaukee), and DePau l(Chicago) are all located East of the Mississippi River, KU and KSU are not even close.

And for what it's worth, Louisville is further WEST than Cincinnati...

and other than those four teams (Marq. DeP. Cinc. and Lville), USF is further west than the rest of the Big East.

• Content Count:  771

I voted no, because of geography.  If they can find a way to make it work(probably by inviting 2 other schools south or west) I might be for it.  It is about the same distant for usf to go to kansas or jersey.  I think if the big east wants to pick up a big time program those two schools would be the ones they would pick up because of basketball. 

• Content Count:  771

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/05/osborne-tressel-engaged-in-expansion-chit-chat/

sounds like Nebraska might be headed to the big 10.  if all this goes down should the big east invite the remaining schools, or the big east football schools leave and join the big 12.  The big east makes decisions based on basketball.  That does not benefit football schools at all.  just ask miami, bc, vatech.

• Content Count:  172

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/05/osborne-tressel-engaged-in-expansion-chit-chat/

sounds like Nebraska might be headed to the big 10.  if all this goes down should the big east invite the remaining schools, or the big east football schools leave and join the big 12.  The big east makes decisions based on basketball.  That does not benefit football schools at all.  just ask miami, bc, vatech.

To pick up on your thought, I think WVU,UL,UC,USF should be talking with the ISU,KU,KSU,Baylor group about forming a conference for all sports if the major moves from the Big Ten and Pac-10 conferences occur. They could also add from a group like SMU,TCU,Rice,Houston and have a 9 to 12 team all sports conference that should maintain a BCS AQ status. For the geography minded folks, it does not take all that much longer to fly out west than it does to fly up north. We would have one time zone to deal with, but I do that for work all the time, and it is not that big of a deal, regardless of what some would lead you to believe. Note going two zones is a bit bigger of a deal but is not part of this scenario. Go Bulls!!

Archived