• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I hate to bring up the A word....but

Guest Sunburned

Dude, sorry to ask such a stupid question, but I know it was discussed.  The idea was to mix it up and not play the exact same teams  at home 2 years in a row, but maybe shake up the rotation. We might play WVU home 2 years in a row and Rutgers away 2 years in a row.  I'm not sure this happens all the time in the Big Ten, but I know OSU played Minnesota at home in 2008 and 2009.

When do/did we play the exact same teams at home two years in a row???? ???

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

Dude, sorry to ask such a stupid question, but I know it was discussed.  The idea was to mix it up and not play the exact same teams  at home 2 years in a row, but maybe shake up the rotation. We might play WVU home 2 years in a row and Rutgers away 2 years in a row.  I'm not sure this happens all the time in the Big Ten, but I know OSU played Minnesota at home in 2008 and 2009.

we dont, and it was never discussed. Im not sure how playing the same teams at home two years in a row mixes anything up either.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Attendance will hinge big time on the Florida game. If we pull a huge upset on them, seats will get filled.

and if usf should somehow lose to gators

than what

Fire Holtz, play remaining 2010 games in grass field behind MOSI, cancel football after 2010 season

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Okay, that's not what I meant.  I'm sorry I ever brought this up.  Here's the deal.

Every year since we joined the BE, we had the exact same home and away conference schedule as follows:

Years 1, 3, 5 - Home - UL, CIN, WV; Away - Pitt, Rut, SU, UCONN

Years 2, 4, 6 - Away - UL, CIN, WV; Home - Pitt, Rut, SU, UCONN

Does anyone else remember a discussion by the league that in the 3rd or 4th year they might mix up the home/away rotation so it's not the exact same schedule year after year?  Maybe I'm dreaming.  Need to get tailgate ready for the Rowdies game - wish it was Sept. 4th.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Okay, that's not what I meant.  I'm sorry I ever brought this up.  Here's the deal.

Every year since we joined the BE, we had the exact same home and away conference schedule as follows:

Does anyone else remember a discussion by the league that in the 3rd or 4th year they might mix up the home/away rotation so it's not the exact same schedule year after year?  Maybe I'm dreaming.   Need to get tailgate ready for the Rowdies game - wish it was Sept. 4th.

I remember C-USA saying something about that when we were a member. We never did get to play Tulane.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

We could have used UCF on the home schedule this year. . . . our schedule broke awful this year IMO.

If the team improves and stays in the BE, the Pitt game could be big.  If the team differs from Leavitt's teams and builds over the course of the season the UConn game will be attended better than it was two years ago (also the last home game).

The biggest thing I hope for is that we get a team that improves as the season progresses.  The up and down nature of previous teams took the wind out of fans' sails at the end of the season. . . . . . . the St. Pete bowl for example was an emabarrassing turnout for our fan base.

Guest Sunburned

Does anyone else remember a discussion by the league that in the 3rd or 4th year they might mix up the home/away rotation so it's not the exact same schedule year after year?  Maybe I'm dreaming.   Need to get tailgate ready for the Rowdies game - wish it was Sept. 4th.

Your schedule above is not the way it was. Here are the actual rotations, so what in do you mean ???

Year 1: Home - UL, UC, WV; Away - Pitt, RU, SU, UConn

Year 2: Home - RU, UConn, Pitt, SU;  Away - UC, UL, WV

Year 3: Home - WV, UC, UL; Away - RU, UConn, SU, Pitt

Year 4: Home - Pitt, SU, RU, UConn;  Away - UL, UC, WV

Year 5: Home - UC, WV, UL; Away - SU, Pitt, RU, UConn

Year 6: Home - SU, RU, Pitt, UConn;  Away - WV, CU, UL

• Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

If the BE expands or if USF moves into a 12 team league, then you'll see more rotation. You can't rotate 7 other teams much. It's just the downfall of a small football conference.

The ACC & SEC have it good, they play the teams from their division, then the other schools from their conference rotate in and out.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

As BBM said, those of us with tickets need to show up a few minutes early. Especially those ticket holders on the east side of the stadium. If go look at past pre-games on YouTube, you'll see empty seats galore behind the HOT. I would think that a full house for the pregame would show fan support, like that of more established programs, to potential recruits watching on TV, not just those attending the game. Watch a Ohio State, Florida, or FSU pregame and you'll see what I mean.

It's all part of the experience for me. Tailgate for 3.5 hours, see the pregame, watch the game, then do the post game tailgate while the parking lot empties.

Archived