• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Back and forth

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

You two are willingfully ignoring an awful lot of facts as well as sworn statements from adults (including a decorted law enforcement officer that has been selected to join the FBI) in order to reach your verdict of guilty.  You have good company with Woolard and Genshaft, though.

at what age do you consider an individual an adult?

Someone out of college with a job.

By your definition those Men and Women in Iraq, Afghanistan etc.. are not adults unless they are officers, or at the very least a college graduate that chose to be a Non-Comm. You are a sad, sad human being.

LOL!  I guess you thought yourself clever with that post.

First of all, are those fine folks of the US Military not out in the real world away from the playland called college?  Do they not have a real job?

Second, I gave four years of my life to to the US Army.  Instead of celebrating my 21st birthday drinking at Harpo's in Columbia, MO I turned 21 while I was up all night holding tight to my M-16.

Why don't you tell us about your military service? 

Actually USAF basic Training Squadron 3707, flight 008," What is an 08 trainee, an 08 trainee is obediant to his leaders, loyal to his Country, motivated, dedicated best of the best arua. Tech school Chanute AFB Fire Fighters school. Stationed Permanent Party at Chanute as a Fire Fighter, Squadron 3345 PRMIE BEEF. Do you need to know anything else?? Perhaps I can show you how to disarm/pin all of the ejection pulls, and egress dead wieght bodies from an EFB 111, all in under 1 minute. Of course I had to count on my partner as the EFB 111 had a pod ejection system. Again I ask, anything else??  You are a sad, sad human being. Only you truly know what happened in the leavitt investigation, only you know what it's like to be in the Military, only you know what an adult is. GET OVER YOURSELF!! This is my last post in this thread, Mark Twain you know, so, go ahead, tell me how wrong I am etc......

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Also, keep in mind Doug Woolard has never been the Director of Athletics at a university with a football program.  Have you ever heard of this thing called The Peter Principle?

Woolard was an athletic director for 10 years before being USF's athletic director the last six years.  I think very few people would call him inexperienced.

LOL!  And where was he AD before he went to USF?

Why it was 100 miles down I-70 from me in St. Louis where they have NO FOOTBALL PROGRAM in a conference that has NO FOOTBALL PROGRAMS.

First of all, he's been AD at a school with a football program for six years now.  How many years does it take to gain experience?  20?  30? 

Secondly, what in the world does having a football program have to do with an employee-student abuse case?  You have some strange ideas about employment law.

Again, this is really not about any student abuse that never happened.  It's about a few too-big-for-their-britches Iron Bull Donors with big egos that decided that USF could do better and was in Woolard's ear about it.  Leavitt was never Woolard's guy and perhaps he felt threatened by his notoreity.  Most ADs also have big egos, too and they don't like it when their subordinates get more attention than them.

But back to Woolard's inexperience...Before USF how many football coaches has he hired or fired?  Woolard is only human and is going through a learning curve when it comes to football.

if woolard really doesn't like his coaches getting more attention than him then he really made a bad hire with coach holtz

Haha

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You two are willingfully ignoring an awful lot of facts as well as sworn statements from adults (including a decorted law enforcement officer that has been selected to join the FBI) in order to reach your verdict of guilty.  You have good company with Woolard and Genshaft, though.

Here we go again.  I did NOT say he was guilty, I said there is evidence against him and he has not provided any evidence to the contrary.

You hang a lot of credence on the State Trooper's statement.  The Trooper never said nothing happened.  He said that he did not see anything other than "normal locker room stuff".   That does not mean that Leavitt did not touch Miller.

I know, you have great evidence that Leavitt did nothing.  Leavitt told you he did nothing.  Oh wait, Leavitt's ex-wife told you he did nothing wrong.  Oddly enough, my threshold for proof is slightly higher than yours.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER Leavitt slapped Miller...none, zero , zip, nada.  There are only statements and accusations from two or three players that had axes to grind.  Meahwhile, Leavitt has the sworn testimony of other players, a volunteer coach and parent of a player and a now (or soon to be) FBI Agent that there was no slap.  You're parsing of words you saw in the newspaper and trying to interject meanings that simply isn't there is a really big stretch.

Actually, there are statements from about six players that there was a slap.  There is a statement from Leavitt that was different than every account of what happened by everyone else in the room.

For the eight thousandth time, just because someone claims they did NOT see something happen does not mean it did not happen.  You seem to have difficulty with this concept.  I did not see the oil platform sink in the gulf.  Therefore it must not have happened.  Do you see how silly that sounds.

Fortunately, neither you or I will be sitting on the jury.

Heresay is not evidence, but witness statements certainly are.

Open mind?  Certainly you must be able to admit you are just a tiny bit biased.  How can you have a personal relationship with the coach and not have a bias?

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

there was plenty of witnesses and the entire team and entire coaches staff knew exactly what happened...

on the day it happened.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Heresay is not evidence, but witness statements certainly are.

Open mind?  Certainly you must be able to admit you are just a tiny bit biased.  How can you have a personal relationship with the coach and not have a bias?

now you're not having an open mind  ::)

A witness statement is best described as a summary of the evidence to be given by a particular witness.

Must not have been paying attention when taking notes for those attorneys.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,647
  • Days Won:  424

there was plenty of witnesses and the entire team and entire coaches staff knew exactly what happened...

on the day it happened.

If that were true, there wouldn't have been such a wide range of descriptions of the incident ...

Archived