• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Prado or Cardieri?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

I agree after next year it will be time to re-evaluate. Needs to have a big year next year with new stadium and all. Plus it will be his 5th yr. Time to show something.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Next year is, if I'm not mistaken, also the last year of his contract. But we do know two things:

1. Woolard has no problems with coaches on the last year of their deal (see Jose Fernandez).

2. Woolard has problems paying coaches who don't coach at USF anymore (no direct examples but that's the scuttlebutt and it's very plausible).

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

i'd say he is in trouble if next year is like this.

Why next year? The team is all of his players and in year 4 we should be in a much better position than we are in.

BTW, Seton Hall beat us tonight.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

And Seton Hall is TERRIBLE (200+ RPI).

This thing... it's a failure pile in a sadness bowl.

• Content Count:  4,879

i'd say he is in trouble if next year is like this.

Why next year? The team is all of his players and in year 4 we should be in a much better position than we are in.

• Content Count:  1,390

Nevermind. The messed up quote box made it a bit hard to understand who said what.

• Content Count:  959

Unless we get hot, win the Conference Championship, win a regional, win a super regional and end up in Omaha------EC

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Because one lousy year does not a trend make.  You are 100% correct that we should be in much better position, but USF has rarely been quick to pull the plug based upon on-field performance alone.  But next year he'll need to win 50%+ of OOC and be in top 2 in BE to comeback IMO.

Very true, but it could be the start of a bad trend, which I hope is not the case.

• Content Count:  1,390

National college baseball writer says Prado is "fine for now" in the thread linked below.

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2308&tid=133749700&mid=133749700&sid=1169&style=2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

First, why two years after a stadium is built?  does this change his coaching?  Is the new field suddenly not a baseball diamond?  Yeah, I know his recruiting will be better... Bull, I do not think the challenge in recruiting is with facilities.  [glow=red,2,300]UTampa is not nicer and he won NC there.[/glow]

Which brings me to my second point.  One issue we have, since the days of Robin Roberts, is that Florida is the prime recruiting grounds for the pros.  We prospect locally and lose most to the pro HS draft.

I will love to have a stadium like FSU, it would be great to have another venue 3/4 empty on a daily basis.  But that is not why guys do not come to USF.  We need to look to other areas and draw the northern players down here who did not make pro draft and would love to play in the warm weather.  Hell, for that matter which makes better recruiting fodder.. In Feb and March you can practice outside instead of hitting rubber balls in the field house.

Uh........YES IT IS!

You'd be hard pressed to find many high schools in Fl that don't have a nicer stadium.

Archived