• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Prado or Cardieri?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  1

Has Prado improved the program since he was hired? USF should dominate the BE in baseball.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

if Prado doesnt win the big east within two years of completion of baseball stadium he has to be fired......big east is so weak in baseball....cant afford to not be one of the top two teams every year

• Content Count:  771

We should still be better than what we are.  They are in the middle of the pack in the big east.  There was a lot of hype this year, and recruiting shouldn't be an issue especially with a new stadium on the way.  Plus (don't tell the rays or marlins this) florida is a big baseball state.  Maybe not for the fan, but there are a lot of good recruits that come out of florida.

• Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

prado has underachieved

• Content Count:  1,985

First, why two years after a stadium is built?  does this change his coaching?  Is the new field suddenly not a baseball diamond?  Yeah, I know his recruiting will be better... Bull, I do not think the challenge in recruiting is with facilities.  UTampa is not nicer and he won NC there.

Which brings me to my second point.  One issue we have, since the days of Robin Roberts, is that Florida is the prime recruiting grounds for the pros.  We prospect locally and lose most to the pro HS draft.

I will love to have a stadium like FSU, it would be great to have another venue 3/4 empty on a daily basis.  But that is not why guys do not come to USF.  We need to look to other areas and draw the northern players down here who did not make pro draft and would love to play in the warm weather.  Hell, for that matter which makes better recruiting fodder.. In Feb and March you can practice outside instead of hitting rubber balls in the field house.

• Content Count:  1,412

If you look at Cardieri's last 2-3 years, Prado has maintained status quo...  NOT GOOD

If you compare complete bodies of work... Not even close, Cardieri made NCAA's consistently in 90's.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

There's really no excuse for a college baseball team in Florida to be below .500. Yes the facilities stink (for now), but there are still a bunch of built-in advantages (much more available talent, easy recruiting, year-round practice ability, and do on) that are not being leveraged.

Also you should check out some of the pitch counts and bullpen management that Lazer and Prado have been allowing. It might help explain why there are so many injured pitchers. I wish there was a sabermetric site for college baseball, it might be very revealing.

• Content Count:  292

Very disappointing year so far...expectations were there for a conference championship and a NCAA berth. 

Where are the big bats that USF has had in the past, 80's, 90's were loaded with talent.

• Content Count:  4,879

i'd say he is in trouble if next year is like this.

• Content Count:  4,879

its very puzzling to me.

Archived