• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Prado or Cardieri?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Let's get serious, the stadium is crap when you compare it to Miami, Florida and FSU yes but

I have only seen one high school stadium nicer than Red McEwen and that was in Atlanta.

I would guess it is somewhere in the lower middle compared to all Division 1 baseball stadiums.

Recruit from up north?  Miami, Florida, FSU seem to do fine with Florida players.  They can recruit everyone they need to be an Omaha caliber program from the state of Florida. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

Let's get serious, the stadium is crap when you compare it to Miami, Florida and FSU yes but

I have only seen one high school stadium nicer than Red McEwen and that was in Atlanta.

I would guess it is somewhere in the lower middle compared to all Division 1 baseball stadiums.

Recruit from up north?  Miami, Florida, FSU seem to do fine with Florida players.   They can recruit everyone they need to be an Omaha caliber program from the state of Florida.   

I was just eating lunch across from Plant High the other day.  their stadium was right in my site & it looked just as nice (or certainly close) as USF's.

• Content Count:  1,390

You don't make it to many amateur baseball games then. I have been to most stadiums in Florida and ours is probably the worst stadium in the state of florida for a division one team. There are Juco and d-2 facilities that are nicer in FL. I know a couple kids that play for St. Leo and THEY even rag on our stadium... theirs isn't nicer, but they also are a crappy d-2 team with 1,000 students on campus.

• Content Count:  959

Miami's stadium is crap, but ours was past its prime in the ealry 90's. The new one is going to be unreal.

Miami's stadium is crap, but ours was past its prime in the ealry 90's. The new one is going to be unreal.

You think it's crap even after the A-Rod renovations?

• Content Count:  213

This confuses me because four years ago, blaming the stadium was written off as only an excuse. That all we needed to do was get rid of the coach and bring in another coach and the problems would be fixed and we would assume our place as the alpha dog in the Big East.

So now it's the stadium... Even though the program has more support from the AD than it ever had, even though year after year, the recruiting classes have been proclaimed to be the best ever for USF, the performance hasn't changed.

Of course the stadium is awful, but it has been since the '80s. Maybe the problem is that those northern teams aren't as bad as they used to be in this era of AAU baseball traveling teams and better indoor facilities. Or maybe the overall DI talent in Tampa Bay has dropped. Maybe.

But last weekend, I saw way too much talent on the field to look as crappy as they looked. And you can't blame that on the stadium.

Or maybe the overall DI talent in Tampa Bay has dropped. Maybe.

Five Tampa area high school teams made the final four in their respective classes in this years baseball tournament, so I doubt it. (Tampa Catholic, Jesuit, King, Armwood, Alonso)

Also, I just finished my freshman year at USF so I'm oblivious to what was going on before the 2009 season.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Hell, you could probably win 20 games a year if the only recruiting you did all year was at the Saladino Tournament. Tampa Bay might be the most fertile high school baseball area in the country.

• Content Count:  171

Other than Division II and Juco programs who use a public facility, such as HCC using the Yankees facility, who has a nicer facility that USF?

There may be a few but I've been to most and I haven't seen it.  I certainly couldn't label any Division II facility in Florida as better than USF and I've been to all of them except Lynn and Nova.    Some of this is laughable.  The stadium is crap when you compare it to MOST other Florida D-1's I will give you that but the playing surface is good, the clubhouse amenities, although not attached, are good.  The dugouts and the fan areas are where the stadium is subpar.

UCF has a nice facility and I don't see that it has remarkably made them a baseball power.

Stetson has a nice facility and Omaha is not on their horizon.

It's just an excuse.  By the way, take a look at that dump Pittsburgh plays in and they are looking at an automatic bid and they are in PITTSBURGH.

• Content Count:  1,412

The team sucks, the talent may be better on paper.  

But this team would lose 9 out of 10 games to any of the teams in the prior decades.

The northern teams are not getting better, there were always exceptions, Maine, UMass, Mich or Ohio State and there still are exceptions.  But those northern teams are still getting their ass handed to them by other FL teams.

From the late 80's through the 90's, USF was a perennial top 20 team.  Now they can't break .500, northern teams aren't better, we just suck more.

It is a shame.

They can't hit (there best offense is HBP), they can't play defense (outfield making errors is inexcusable), and after 3 pitchers they are bad if not terrible!

Archived