• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT: Tim Tebow's about to get drafted

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he remains a lucky guy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Some of you guys are so smug.  Ryan Leaf's biggest problem was that he was a mental midget.  Not the case with Tebow.  If he doesn't do well in the NFL, it won't be for lack of brains.  

I hope you guys will own up to being wrong if he does do well, though.  I for one am happy for him and wish him well.  

I wasn't comparing Tebow to Leaf, I was comparing Leaf's crash and burn to Tebow's potential crash and burn.  You KNOW that if he doesn't hack it in the NFL, there will be a huge uproar.  Probably worse than Leaf.

How much time did ESPN give this pick ... was going on 4ever.

Of course dude.  And if Verne Lundquist (sp?) were present, he would've splooged in his pants at least twice.

• Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

I wasn't comparing Tebow to Leaf, I was comparing Leaf's crash and burn to Tebow's potential crash and burn.  You KNOW that if he doesn't hack it in the NFL, there will be a huge uproar.  Probably worse than Leaf.

This doesn't make any sense. How could a guy at the 25th pick failing be worse than a guy picked way before that. Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Alex Smith, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington.....the list goes on and on.

I love how people complain about the media's coverage of Tebow, but I bet every college message board has a thread on Tebow. Hmmmm....I wonder why he get's so much coverage.

• Content Count:  4,642

How much time did ESPN give this pick ... was going on 4ever.

it's because he's the best qb in the dra........ oh man i almost vomitted while typing that.

• Content Count:  4,642

this is an epic fail by denver.  why would you trade for quinn and then bring in tebow with such a high pick?  this is all while kyle ortin is your starter.  fail.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

This doesn't make any sense. How could a guy at the 25th pick failing be worse than a guy picked way before that. Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Alex Smith, Akili Smith, Joey Harrington.....the list goes on and on.

I kind of have to agree ... Most everyone is already expecting him to fail so I don't see a huge uproar ..... except in Denver.

I kind of have to agree ... Most everyone is already expecting him to fail so I don't see a huge uproar ..... except in Denver.

Josh Freeman would be a bigger bust. He was picked at #17.....8 picks higher then Tebow.

The Bucs picked a guy who couldn't even win in college. Now that is a pick that should have caused an uproar, but it didn't and it won't.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Some of you guys are so smug.  Ryan Leaf's biggest problem was that he was a mental midget.  Not the case with Tebow.  If he doesn't do well in the NFL, it won't be for lack of brains.  

I hope you guys will own up to being wrong if he does do well, though.  I for one am happy for him and wish him well.  

Tebow isn't the brightest tool in the shed... just look at his wonderlic...

He also had an SAT score of like 870.

Really?  So we're going to base our assessment of someone's intelligence off standardized tests?   With as many people as there are on this board, I imagine there are some that would be in a similar boat when they tested in school.  You're conveniently leaving out that he had over a 3. something grade point average at UF while playing football.  That's hard to do, and especially at UF.   Tebow didn't even do too bad on the Wonderlic, cmhatter.  A lot of other people fared worse.

And I'd like to see a link  that shows his SAT score was 870. 

Just watch and listen to his interviews. The kid is a great leader, extremely passionate, and a good person overall. BUT those things do not make anyone a great QB. he was an average QB at best in college, he basically had an allstar team around him. Look at the offensive drop off after Percy Harvin left. As for standardized tests, I agree with AGB, they suck. You might want to tell the entire Florida school system, and the entire Post HS system that they shouldn't use standardized tests as a measurement. You don't graduate HS in Florida unless you do well on the FCAT. You don't get into a decent school unless you do well on the SAT/ACT or can run fast etc.... Plus tebow was homeschooled so we really don't know what kind of HS student he was.

average QB at best in college

Is this serious?

Wow, You really really hate Tebow huh?

Most Tebow haters will admit he was an exceptional college qb, but say his game doesn't translate to the NFL.

You don't even think he was a good QB in college?......ROFL

Please read this so you don't make a fool of yourself again

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3171_A_tale_of_six_quarterbacks.html

Guest Scherdin

If you want to talk about gambles and risky drafts...what about JPP at #15?  He's a stud and all, but he could very well flop.  How come no one is bringing that up?

All the haters on this board would love to have him on their team...as Crambone stated there are a ton of QB's that were taken a lot earlier then 25 and have done nothing.  The Patriots were about to take Tebow, his mini-me beat him to it. McDaniel took a gamble, just like all these other teams that do on QB's...how is this such a bad pick?  The guy is one of the most decorated college football players ever!  Orton and Quinn have nothing to worry about...Tebow will back them up and learn the offense like Rogers did under Favre.  He'll come in for some different schemes and provide some leadership that the Broncos have needed for a while.

Archived