• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT: Tim Tebow's about to get drafted

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

If you want to talk about gambles and risky drafts...what about JPP at #15?  He's a stud and all, but he could very well flop.  How come no one is bringing that up?

Sometimes the Gator apologists on this board sicken me ....

All the haters on this board would love to have him on their team...as Crambone stated there are a ton of QB's that were taken a lot earlier then 25 and have done nothing.  The Patriots were about to take Tebow, his mini-me beat him to it. McDaniel took a gamble, just like all these other teams that do on QB's...how is this such a bad pick?  The guy is one of the most decorated college football players ever!  Orton and Quinn have nothing to worry about...Tebow will back them up and learn the offense like Rogers did under Favre.  He'll come in for some different schemes and provide some leadership that the Broncos have needed for a while.

You want to go down the list of highly decorated college football players that have flopped in the NFL?

Personally, I think he'll do just fine. He seems to be able to rise to the occasion .... most of the time, at least .... I'm just not sure I'd have given up the draft picks the Broncos did, though.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  99
  • Days Won:  0

If you want to talk about gambles and risky drafts...what about JPP at #15?  He's a stud and all, but he could very well flop.  How come no one is bringing that up?

All the haters on this board would love to have him on their team...as Crambone stated there are a ton of QB's that were taken a lot earlier then 25 and have done nothing.  The Patriots were about to take Tebow, his mini-me beat him to it. McDaniel took a gamble, just like all these other teams that do on QB's...how is this such a bad pick?  The guy is one of the most decorated college football players ever!  Orton and Quinn have nothing to worry about...Tebow will back them up and learn the offense like Rogers did under Favre.  He'll come in for some different schemes and provide some leadership that the Broncos have needed for a while.

Exactly.....Great Post

You want to go down the list of highly decorated college football players that have flopped in the NFL?

I'm pretty sure that's his point. How is drafting Tebow at #25....at the bottom of the first round riskier than taking Jamarcus Russel first or Alex Smith first or David Carr first. I don't remember those picks getting this much criticism and they were at #1. All those guys had clear flaws in their game yet no one questioned the picks.

Why? Because people love to hate Tebow that's why. Get over your Tebow hate and look at the facts. If those guys were first rd talents then how is Tim Tebow not?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

a bust with a 30 million dollar payday

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

average QB at best in college

Is this serious?

Wow, You really really hate Tebow huh?

Most Tebow haters will admit he was an exceptional college qb, but say his game doesn't translate to the NFL.

You don't even think he was a good QB in college?......ROFL

Please read this so you don't make a fool of yourself again

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3171_A_tale_of_six_quarterbacks.html

Fool?? Wow, good for you, you found a desciple's website. You do know that he's also the ALL-TIME leader in rushing TD's in the SEC. So, he's better than Emmitt and Herschel, and so on and so on. Most tebow "haters" will say he was an excellent LEADER as I did, NOT an exceptional college QB. I'd like you to find 10 people that "hate" him, and see if they say he was an EXCEPTIONAL college QB. I think that you'll be sad. Plus nice way to only quote part of my post.  The kid is a great leader, extremely passionate, and a good person overall. BUT those things do not make anyone a great QB. he was an average QB at best in college, he basically had an allstar team around him. Look at the offensive drop off after Percy Harvin left.  I'd hardly call someone a "hater" that says someone is a "great leader, extremely passionate, and a good person overall"  Sure doesn't sound like a "hater" to me.

Stats last 2 years (from ESPN) not a crazed tebow "lover".

ATT   COMP   YDS    TD    INT

2008/Rank     61       41       29      30     Great number hard to rank due to # of att.

2009/Rank     80       61       38      13     Great number hard to rank due to # of att.

I don't care if he succeeds or fails, it has NO EFFECT on me, or my life. I'm just sick and tires of people making the kid out to be the next Joe Montana, Steve Young, and Tom Brady all rolled into one. So, I'll tell you what, stop auditioning to be the replacement for Riley Cooper.

Is this serious?

Most Tebow haters will admit he was an exceptional college qb, but say his game doesn't translate to the NFL.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3171_A_tale_of_six_quarterbacks.html

Fool?? Wow, good for you, you found a desciple's website. You do know that he's also the ALL-TIME leader in rushing TD's in the SEC. So, he's better than Emmitt and Herschel, and so on and so on. Most tebow "haters" will say he was an excellent LEADER as I did, NOT an exceptional college QB. I'd like you to find 10 people that "hate" him, and see if they say he was an EXCEPTIONAL college QB. I think that you'll be sad. Plus nice way to only quote part of my post.  The kid is a great leader, extremely passionate, and a good person overall. BUT those things do not make anyone a great QB. he was an average QB at best in college, he basically had an allstar team around him. Look at the offensive drop off after Percy Harvin left.  I'd hardly call someone a "hater" that says someone is a "great leader, extremely passionate, and a good person overall"  Sure doesn't sound like a "hater" to me.

2008/Rank     61       41       29      30     Great number hard to rank due to # of att.

2009/Rank     80       61       38      13     Great number hard to rank due to # of att.

I don't care if he succeeds or fails, it has NO EFFECT on me, or my life. I'm just sick and tires of people making the kid out to be the next Joe Montana, Steve Young, and Tom Brady all rolled into one. So, I'll tell you what, stop auditioning to be the replacement for Riley Cooper.

Yes, Cold Hard Football Facts are crazed Tebow lovers.....in fact everyone is.

If I had a nickel for everytime someone said Tim Tebow was Joe Montana, Steve Young, and Tom Brady all rolled into one. I would be a very very poor man because no one has ever said that.

Do you pay attention to sports at all? Most people say he will fail. That he wasn't worth a 1st rd pick. He has 10 critics for every one supporter.

I fail to see where I took your quote out of context. Do you or do you not believe he was an "average QB at best in college"? 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Is this serious?

Yes, Cold Hard Football Facts are crazed Tebow lovers.....in fact everyone is.

If I had a nickel for everytime someone said Tim Tebow was Joe Montana, Steve Young, and Tom Brady all rolled into one. I would be a very very poor man because no one has ever said that.

Do you pay attention to sports at all? Most people say he will fail. That he wasn't worth a 1st rd pick. He has 10 critics for every one supporter.

I fail to see where I took your quote out of context. Do you or do you not believe he was an "average QB at best in college"? 

YES

His 10 critics for every one supporter? Does that count CBS, and ESPN as 1 person? Great kid, average QB. Sorry. Like I said find 10 "haters" that say he was an exceptional college QB. If you ever could, it would take a very large sampling.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The trend on this board is former nole (and current half and halfers like someone in this thread) fans come out of the woodwork and jump around and fling **** like coked up chimpanzees when the word Tebow is typed.  The funny thing is no one acted like this with Favre when the media swung from his balls for YEARS before the retirement gate incident.  Another amusing thing is the haters talk about him just as much as the people in the media that fawn over him.  All i know is the kid has great character, very good athletic ability, great work ethic, and is a great leader, im not sold on him as a NFL QB by a long shot since he needs so much work but with the team that drafted him, i wouldn't exactly bet against him being a good QB either.  Also if you think the level of hate that he is getting is going to anything more than just motivate him even more you are sorely mistaken.  If a very good QB coach like McDaniels thinks highly enough about Tebow to trade up to get him then there certainly must be something he sees that the message board crusaders don't see, and ill let you guess who's opinion holds more weight......    

Guest Scherdin

Sometimes the Gator apologists on this board sicken me ....

Personally, I think he'll do just fine. He seems to be able to rise to the occasion .... most of the time, at least .... I'm just not sure I'd have given up the draft picks the Broncos did, though.

I'm not apologizing for any one...I'm a huge Broncos fan and happen to love the draft pick.  I don't care if he played at USC or any other school.  The guy has done nothing but win...he can't help that the media is on his jock and has fallen in love with him and pretty much over exposed him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

The trend on this board is former nole (and current half and halfers like someone in this thread) fans come out of the woodwork and jump around and fling **** like coked up chimpanzees when the word Tebow is typed.  The funny thing is no one acted like this with Favre when the media swung from his balls for YEARS before the retirement gate incident.  Another amusing thing is the haters talk about him just as much as the people in the media that fawn over him.  All i know is the kid has great character, very good athletic ability, great work ethic, and is a great leader, im not sold on him as a NFL QB by a long shot since he needs so much work but with the team that drafted him, i wouldn't exactly bet against him being a good QB either.  Also if you think the level of hate that he is getting is going to anything more than just motivate him even more you are sorely mistaken.  If a very good QB coach like McDaniels thinks highly enough about Tebow to trade up to get him then there certainly must be something he sees that the message board crusaders don't see, and ill let you guess who's opinion holds more weight......

You must lead a very sheltered Internet message board life if you didn't see Favre and Pack fans catching all kinds of **** for their, and the media's, god-like worshipping of him ....

But you are 100% right about a lot of this being driven by partisan Seminole/Cane fans...BUT, if you don't think there would have been a similar response from Gator fans if the tables were reversed you're kidding yourself. The difference is the FSU program/fans aren't thought of, nationally, with as much disdain as UF is so it probably wouldn't have gotten the national derision that this has ...

Archived