• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jones to the NBA

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

So you're saying we have no chance next because Jones gone? How about you and everybody wait to see what the roster will look like first. Also since the the NCAAT will be expanded to 96 teams I feel confident in making it. Just wait to see what we're going to look like. Jones was a great player for us but everybody loses players as good as him or better. I willing to give Heath a chance to recruit b4 I give an opinion on next season's outlook.

USF doesn't routinely get players half the caliber of Jones. So, yeah, losing him is a big deal.

We're not making the NCAAT next year even with 96-teams included.

OK

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

So you're saying we have no chance next because Jones gone? How about you and everybody wait to see what the roster will look like first. Also since the the NCAAT will be expanded to 96 teams I feel confident in making it. Just wait to see what we're going to look like. Jones was a great player for us but everybody loses players as good as him or better. I willing to give Heath a chance to recruit b4 I give an opinion on next season's outlook.

USF doesn't routinely get players half the caliber of Jones. So, yeah, losing him is a big deal.

OK

Gus has the potential to be a much better player than Djo. we also have a legit big man in Anderson coming in. The team will have a shot at the NCAA Tourney if they go to 96.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

OK

Gus has the potential to be a much better player than Djo. we also have a legit big man in Anderson coming in. The team will have a shot at the NCAA Tourney if they go to 96.

Gus has the 'potential' to be better than Dojo. BJ has the 'potential' to be better than Grothe. Let me know when either of these prophecies come to fruition. I'm not saying either won't but both of those former greats are some of our best ever, others aren't going to just waltz in and be better.

Also, thanks for mentioning big men in your argument. It's pretty easy to defeat a team with big men surrounded by immobile wings that cannot shoot. We could sneak into the 96-team NCAAT if Gilchrist improves a bunch this year (could happen) and if Anderson asserts himself as the real deal and if one of our wings can manage to drop 15+ ppg at an efficient clip. I don't see those 3 things happening, particularly the latter.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Anyone who thinks DoJo won't cut it in the NBA may be in for a big surprise. He will be a good bench player in the NBA. He is built like a linebacker and can score at will inside 15 feet. He was one of the best players in one of the best conferences in the country. I see him in the late first round. He's essentially a more talented and aggressive version of UCiF's Jermaine Taylor who went early second round last year.

who knows

wish him the best

he was special and fun too watch

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

WVU's ebanks just declared.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5078380

The amount of underclass players declaring is very high.  Jones not hiring an agent allows him to reconsider his decision before May 8th.  The more players that declare, the less likely he is of being drafted in the 1st round.  I'm sure he thinks he is better than many of these players declaring, and he may be, but they also think that same thing and are being told the same things by scouts and execs.

For Jones' sake, i hope he gets drafted 1st round, makes a roster and has a great career.

For our sake, i kinda hope 10 solid more guys declare so that he is projected mid 2nd round and we get him for another year.  I know, pipe dream.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

WVU's ebanks just declared.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5078380

The amount of underclass players declaring is very high.  Jones not hiring an agent allows him to reconsider his decision before May 8th.  The more players that declare, the less likely he is of being drafted in the 1st round.  I'm sure he thinks he is better than many of these players declaring, and he may be, but they also think that same thing and are being told the same things by scouts and execs.

For Jones' sake, i hope he gets drafted 1st round, makes a roster and has a great career.

For our sake, i kinda hope 10 solid more guys declare so that he is projected mid 2nd round and we get him for another year.  I know, pipe dream.

thats a good point about the underclassmen declaring.  I wasnt aware Jones didnt hire an agent. 

i was never impressed with Ebanks.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

If he is smart he comes back. he is leaving millions of dollars on the tbl. He comes back and preforms well and he is possibly a lottery pick, now he id a mid the late 2nd round guy.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

A 6'3"-6'4" SG in the lottery? I can think of one JJ Redick because he could shoot.

People don't want to hear it but his stock has likely peaked. Thus he's taking advantage of where he is.

Coming back likely does the program a lot of good but I'm not sure it does Dojo a lot of good

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Good luck DJ. You were a USF great. Do us proud on the next level.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Wesley Johnson declared... one more underclassman in the fold. He is DEFINITELY rated much higher than Jones.  I can't see him getting first round right now.  Way too many players in the draft that are at Jones' level or better.  If 4 or 5 more guys declare... id guess he is a 2nd round lock, if he isn't already. 

Its not too late to change your mind.  We have a decent team shaping up.

Archived