• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-9, 280lbs Center Davante "Ox" Gardner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  247
  • Days Won:  0

I was actually relieved that Ox only weighs 280. At 300 pounds I was having thoughts of Nigel Dixon, if anyone remembers that enormous guy who used to play for Florida State when I was in school.

yeah I remember dixon. I went to the 6A title game when he was in high school vs. Miami senior ( man what a stacked team but we know now why they were stacked). He picked up 2 fouls in the first 2 mins because he ws too slow to move his feet. Couple years later I remember seein him play 4 fsu and he got a wide open dunk under the basket and the announcers said it was on of the first tomes he ever dunked in a game. I believe it too cause the guy could barely jump over a newspaper!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

The thing about the Ox that may surprise some is he can shot the 3, pass, and can handle the ball. Like I said earlier his only weakness is weight and endurance kinda like Pittman at Texas. The recent photo shows that he is taking the right steps to fixing the issue although with the way Stan has been feeding him he might regress lol

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

The thing about the Ox that may surprise some is he can shot the 3, pass, and can handle the ball. Like I said earlier his only weakness is weight and endurance kinda like Pittman at Texas. The recent photo shows that he is taking the right steps to fixing the issue although with the way Stan has been feeding him he might regress lol

If he keeps losing weight, can he move to the 4? If he can shoot and handle well, I'd rather have him moving around more than just having his back to the basket.

If he keeps losing weight, can he move to the 4? If he can shoot and handle well, I'd rather have him moving around more than just having his back to the basket.

Yeah I can see that happening b4 he leaves USF(if he commits) The guy is gifted as one Virgina prep said, Ox has good touch, good footwork, and is physical as heck. I'll say this, if he develops in our system I can see him being a candidate for 1st team all BE in the future. He would be off the charts dominate at the 4 spot imo. Ideally we would like to see Austin develop and take over the 5 spot and have Ox along with Fitz at the 4. Of course Heath will bring in players yearly so things could change as the talent keeps improving.

Ox last facebook message b4 he was to leave this afternoon was that he was having so much fun he didn't want to leave USF, but it was time to go back home. He said that he'll have a decision Monday or Tuesday and sign Wednesday. I would not be surprised if he has an announcement by tomorrow. We need to keep our fingers crossed that this guy joins our family. He would seem USF bound but recruiting changes by the hour, just have to see.

This is what the Ox does to backboards

790055.jpg

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

He would be a good catch. Especially if we can get him down to a muscular 260 by the time he is a senior.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

790055.jpg

Might be a good excuse to buy some new ones. The rims in the Sun Dome are tight, creaky, and older than the football team. Seriously.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

790055.jpg

Davante' Ox Gardner: Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records n me to break back boards.  ;D

• Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  1

Is there a scholarship left if this guy wants to sign?

Archived