• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball recruiting: USF is really struggling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I said i was concerned with healths ability to truly take this program to the next level because of his recruiting and everyone blew up on me....but im still concerned......its not getting any better

Nobody could recruit here it has little to do with Heath's inability to recruit. Unless we have someone stellar we're not going to win many recruiting battles.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

when we start putting guys in the NBA we will be fine

dont know when that will be but its going to take the new facilities and guys going to the next level to attract good talent.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Poor facilities or not USF shouldn't be struggling to recruit at a Mid-Major level. This program's future is in real real trouble if we can't shockingly bring in a couple of recruits that at least have high ceilings.

Btw my source tells me UCF is on the verge of hiring Donnie Jones as their next HC. He is the coach at Marshall and former Billy Donovan assistant. Jones has already owned Stan in recruiting and putting him back in the state has to be a concern...it shouldn't be but since we are piss poor at recruiting the potential hiring of Jones is harmful to our program.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Poor facilities or not USF shouldn't be struggling to recruit at a Mid-Major level. This program's future is in real real trouble if we can't shockingly bring in a couple of recruits that at least have high ceilings.

Btw my source tells me UCF is on the verge of hiring Donnie Jones as their next HC. He is the coach at Marshall and former Billy Donovan assistant. Jones has already owned Stan in recruiting and putting him back in the state has to be a concern...it shouldn't be but since we are **** poor at recruiting the potential hiring of Jones is harmful to our program.

Your source? I thought everyone knew...lol...

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

What about Lavonte Dority? Am I missing something here?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

did you follow this years team

heath is a great coach

i am not concerned about conference america's ftu/oc/ou

Guest Scherdin

We also need a little consistency...one good season doesn't put you on the recruiting map.  If we can put together another 20 win season and make the Dance or in the very least not repeat like this year in the NIT, we will be able to pull some talent to the program.  

If DoJo leaves and we can't have some success next year, even with new facilities and all we will still be scraping the bottom feeders to come here

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Rated #305 in the class of 2010. He's the 2nd best PG on his HS team. Mike McCall is the better player and he's going to SLU.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Rated #305 in the class of 2010.

That's pretty **** good given the circumstances. No money, no facilities (I'm sure recruits are real impressed when you tell them about practices in the campus rec center), very little tradition, tepid fan support, etc. By the way, how highly rated was DoJo when he showed up?

You're starting to sound like the smazza of basketball wondering where our McDonald's All-American recruits are.

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

I said i was concerned with healths ability to truly take this program to the next level because of his recruiting and everyone blew up on me....but im still concerned......its not getting any better

he didn't seem to have a problem recruiting at Arkansas. Seth seems to be doing okay at VT .... I don't think it's heath's ability holding us back, it's the tools he has to work with. The tools are getting honed so let's see how the next couple of years play out.

i can see that side of the argument.....but im still concerned nonetheless

Archived