• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Babies and Ray Jay

Guest Sunburned

Our new baby boy is two months old today, probably won't take him to Spring Game but definitely the Fall.  So no problems with security with diaper bags and baby carriers at Ray Jay?  Anyone else have any recommendations for bringing little Bulls to the games?

One word...DON"T

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This is what happens when you bring babies to a Bulls games...

• Content Count:  444
  • Days Won:  0

At RayJay, you can visit the information desk and get kids a wrist band, in case they get lost. We have a 8 yr old. We have taken her to 1 game a year. Usually one of the lamer ones, less people. We only go for half the game because she gets bored.  Most of the time the people are great around us, but I am concerned about the language. 

BTW, there are tons of kids in the club.

luv2tri has it right.  Bring small children to FCS games only and leave at halftime.  Club access is also very handy for this situation.

Guest Sunburned

At RayJay, you can visit the information desk and get kids a wrist band, in case they get lost. We have a 8 yr old. We have taken her to 1 game a year. Usually one of the lamer ones, less people. We only go for half the game because she gets bored.  Most of the time the people are great around us, but I am concerned about the language. 

luv2tri has it right.  Bring small children to FCS games only and leave at halftime.  Club access is also very handy for this situation.

Why bring them at all?  Why bore them with FCS football?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

With what I see and hear at our home football games, I don't think I'd bring a kid younger than 9 or 10 to a Bulls football game.  But that's just me.

• Content Count:  32

The biggest Bulls fan I know is my daughter, age 12. She proudly says she was 4 months old when she was at the inaugural game. She's been going for years.

I have three kids. Bulls games is one of our biggest things we do all year as a family.

It has become one of our biggest family traditions (we tailgate w/other families) and I think something that I hope

will keep my kids and I connected as they become teens.

Tips:

- They are just tough from 1-2 years, not worth bringing them, they don't sit still.

- They love night games, they get to stay up late. Sometimes we tell them to take naps before.

- The kids bring in drawing/coloring stuff if bored. They understand the score when they're 6, first downs etc. when they're about 10. Everyone loves screaming at tds.

- For babies, get ear plugs.

- For hot day games, wet paper towels and waters. Under 3, really just avoid bringing to hot games

- besides the bracelets (we always get) you can get a free soda at the same booth if you sign up as desig. driver.

- We have sat in the same place for 10+ years. We know all the people, so no prblem with cursing, etc.

- The jr bulls club pulling back is really going to be a pain for me, my youngest turns 4 this year. I have 4 tickets and I think my section is all filled up.

It's a family event and I don't want to leave her with a baby sitter, especially watching what huge bulls fans my other two have become.

If they make a lap ticket for kids under 6-7, I would pay for that.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  444

Why bring them at all?  Why bore them with FCS football?

Small children don't care about the opponent, they like the band, Rocky, Hootie.  FCS football is boring for adults so the crowd is not rowdy and is less likely to curse.  Why bore your adult friends with FCS football?

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

I have been bringing my son since he was 5 months old.  He has only missed one home game, and left early one time. 

Under one was easy without a ticket.  1-2 was a little tougher and this year we bought him a ticket.  Tickets aren't required until they are 4.

I have club access which is really nice for all games not just hot games.  We like to go off in a corner and let him run around during half time. 

We carried him in a sash type carrier and brought a diaper bag with food and stuff for him the first year and then just the diaper bag the second year.  The only problem I almost had was at FSU; they didn't want to let me bring water for a 18 month old.  We got that worked out and also had shaded seats.

Anyway, Congratulations and don't let anyone tell you not to bring baby, but at the same time it is a loud, crowded environment and you have to understand that you may need to be flexible and leave an area if people are being too rowdy.  I don't believe people should change their behavior for my kid.  If it doesn't offend me, but I don't want my kid around it then I leave.  If it offends me then usually they should stop, because I'm not exactly easily offended.

Oh, and if you ever need a club ticket let me know.  There is usually someone in my group that can't make it.

Archived