• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Babies and Ray Jay

Guest AstroBull

Thanks for putting this up. I have a 4 month old, and am excited to take him to his first football game in the fall.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

CONGRATS Grouper !

I haven't brought my daughter, she wouldn't did it, Mrs. doesn't dig it and my daughter being only 3 ...

An I'm just too radical at the game to be a caring father and husband  ;D

Congrats, Grouper.  I'm actually in the same boat as E.T., but my daughter is a couple weeks shy of a year old.  I haven't taken her to any games, but she has sure watched them on TV with me.  I remember watching the USF-WVU game this past season and at one point when we scored a TD, I jumped up and was cheering loudly ... then I looked down and saw my little girl looking up at me and crying.  I scared her half to death!  She gets scared of really loud noises, so now's not a good time for us, but I figure when she's two, we'll go down, visit the grandparents and go to a Bulls game and get her started cheering on our USF boys. 

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Thanks for the congrats and all the great information.  I am really excited about our future bull.

• Content Count:  869
  • Days Won:  0

Our new baby boy is two months old today, probably won't take him to Spring Game but definitely the Fall.  So no problems with security with diaper bags and baby carriers at Ray Jay?  Anyone else have any recommendations for bringing little Bulls to the games?

• Content Count:  7,890

Congrats on the new bull. A few things to add. If you can get an isle sheet I have a three year old and being on the isle was great for when my wife would have to take the little one to the BR. (I was going to lie and say I take help out but some here sit by me and know my great wife takes care of the little one during the game). Club level is a must for those early game. Get the extra see your going to need the room and if your like me before you know it you'll have another one on the way so you may want to get two extra seats.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I remember when AstroBull first started posting on here... I believe he was about to come to USF as a frosh if I'm correct. Now, he's a baby making machine five years later... Congrats bro... I need to eventually catch up...

• Content Count:  7,890

Oh I forgot if you can bring two cars for the first few games that way if the little needs to leave you can stay for the end of the game

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

So welcoming my first child just before the start of football season this year (~ June).  Already starting to adjust to the new life - hooked up a very nice home theater system today figuring on not getting out to many movies for a few years.  Was wondering from you seasoned parents what children and Ray Jay is like.  Do they have to have a ticket (we have an extra, usually give it to frined)?  We have club access, so not sure how much time parents spend in the AC up there.

I doubt Malachi (babies name) will make many USF games this year, but I am thinking next year will be a great time to induct him.

dont bring infant to the game

• Content Count:  12,293

my daughter was just under 6 months old last year when the first game came along.

didnt have any problems but we left at halftime.

the day games, club access was very nice.  we got some tickets either from people outside of the stadium or from other board members here.  (i have season tickets but not club access)

it makes it a lot harder to enjoy the game when you have a very young child with you. 

you are always worried that someone is going to spill beer all over her or something.

she will obviously be 18 months old at the start of this season so i dont know if this will be easier or harder then when she was really young.

• Content Count:  54

At RayJay, you can visit the information desk and get kids a wrist band, in case they get lost. We have a 8 yr old. We have taken her to 1 game a year. Usually one of the lamer ones, less people. We only go for half the game because she gets bored.  Most of the time the people are great around us, but I am concerned about the language. 

BTW, there are tons of kids in the club.

Archived