• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Babies and Ray Jay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

So welcoming my first child just before the start of football season this year (~ June).  Already starting to adjust to the new life - hooked up a very nice home theater system today figuring on not getting out to many movies for a few years.  Was wondering from you seasoned parents what children and Ray Jay is like.  Do they have to have a ticket (we have an extra, usually give it to frined)?  We have club access, so not sure how much time parents spend in the AC up there.

I doubt Malachi (babies name) will make many USF games this year, but I am thinking next year will be a great time to induct him.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

My wife and I have taken our son, Elliott to games at RJS since he was 8 months old.

With few exceptions, we haven't had many issues. Most of the security personnel at the stadium have been really cool to us with regards to getting gear into the stadium once they see we have a little one with us. Like you, we are club access ticket holders and simply have taken him up to the shade and AC whenever it's become too hot or he has needed some "down time".

Tickets are not required for young ones until they are three. However, I found having the extra ticket and seat are useful for the extra space for gear and "breathing room" it provides.

Hope this helps.

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Congrats Grouper.  Welcome to the fatherhood club.  You'll enjoy my story.  My youngest was born on July 4, 1997.  Of course we went to the first ever game Labor day weekend.  The weekend before that when she was 7 weeks old I took her to a high school game.  We lived in Americus, GA back then.  We were so excited about USF football we went to Charleston the week after the opener to the first road game ever at The Citadel.  Then the next week we were in the Sombrero for the Drake game.  She was now 9 weeks old at the Drake game.  Some dude was walking up the bleachers to his seat and says, "Ah look, baby's first football game."  I replied, "Nope, her fourth actually."  He laughed and said something about bringing her up right.  I concurred.

It's fun and you shouldn't have any problems unless the baby is colic or is sick in some other way.  Drew Brees might have it right though.  If it is a big game, you may want to go with the ear muffs.

Normal

• Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Congrats Grouper.

Mine has also been to nearly every home game, may have missed three.

My advice is to tell your rep to keep an eye out for another ticket. In a few VERY SHORT YEARS a friend at the game will make huge difference.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Congrats Grouper.

Mine has also been to nearly every home game, may have missed three.

My advice is to tell your rep to keep an eye out for another ticket. In a few VERY SHORT YEARS a friend at the game will make huge difference.

+1,000

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

CONGRATS Grouper !

I haven't brought my daughter, she wouldn't did it, Mrs. doesn't dig it and my daughter being only 3 ...

An I'm just too radical at the game to be a caring father and husband  ;D

• Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  1

Congats!  Welcome to Fatherdom.  Here's the skinny from a dad of a 1 and 4 year old:

I've been taking my daughter to almost every game since she was 2.  My son, 1,  went to a couple of games last season.  Day games are great.  7:00 games are too tough for the little ones since the game starts at bed time.  When games are big and crowded, get a sitter if your kid is mobile.  My fear is losing my little one in the crowd.  When my wife and I were childless, we loved night games.  Now we love day games because the whole family can go.  At RayJay, club access is good, but we're in 124 so all that space behind us works out great and there's always the shade underneath.

My daughter loves the crowd and fanfare.  Start 'em early I say.  That's how you get kids to have a lifelong love of the game.

Good luck!

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

I think you're right to not bring them this first year (and perhaps the second).  New moms and dads can use a night out alone once in awhile and when there's tailgating and drinking opportunities, why add trying to take care of an infant?  Our first was born just before the first season, and we used every home game as date night for just the two of us.

A couple years after our second, we put our kids in the Junior Bulls Club.  It was much more generous at that time as they were still trying to fill the lower bowl of the stadium, so the kids got tickets to EVERY home game and would sit in one of the south endzone sections and we would sit with them.  Once they went to a few games, there was no leaving them home so we wound up purchasing more tickets and have been in the south endzone ever since.  I absolutely agree with buying at least two tickets for each child you have.  Our kids enjoy picking who they can bring, but my son will try to pressure his little sister to give up hers sometimes so he can bring two friends.  On Thursday night games, when the kids are younger and can't go due to school the next morning, I use the extra tickets to invite co-workers to take in a game.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I thought this was another thread from the NY Times and players having babies. Whew...

Congrats on Malachi... Cool name...

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

congrats Group; life will never be the same.

Archived