• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Why were they expecting us to lose?

Your argument might hold more water if the fan in question, the fan who expected the team to lose, wasn't correct.

USF needs to build some credibility with these fans by winning. And while this one random fan walked away, wasn't attendance up overall this year, particularly after the four-game winning streak? I think so, but I don't know for sure. If it was, it means the winning this year already paid off a little bit, regardless of this one person's decision not to pay $4 for a ticket.

In any case, saying you don't want these people to be fans of the team isn't the answer because like I said, that means by definition attendance can't rise above what it is right now.

The thing is the team did win this year and this person was still down on our team. I'd rather have 5,000 quality fans that show up to watch the game and cheer, rather than 10,000 people like that show up and sit on their rears the entire game and leave with 5 minutes left.  A real fan shows up to support the team regardless of a win or loss.  That's part of the problem, we want attendance numbers rather than fan numbers. If thats the case and we have no standards for our fans, then we will continue to have bandwagon fans that only show up for big games because its the thing to do, not because they are supporting their team.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  158
  • Days Won:  1

The student section was full so I don't see why anyone is complaining about student attendance. Last I checked the upper level sections were not student seats and that's what was empty.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

**** you, Cabana!!!!!!!!!  ;D

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Your argument might hold more water if the fan in question, the fan who expected the team to lose, wasn't correct.

USF needs to build some credibility with these fans by winning. And while this one random fan walked away, wasn't attendance up overall this year, particularly after the four-game winning streak? I think so, but I don't know for sure. If it was, it means the winning this year already paid off a little bit, regardless of this one person's decision not to pay $4 for a ticket.

In any case, saying you don't want these people to be fans of the team isn't the answer because like I said, that means by definition attendance can't rise above what it is right now.

The thing is the team did win this year and this person was still down on our team. I'd rather have 5,000 quality fans that show up to watch the game and cheer, rather than 10,000 people like that show up and sit on their rears the entire game and leave with 5 minutes left.  A real fan shows up to support the team regardless of a win or loss.  That's part of the problem, we want attendance numbers rather than fan numbers. If thats the case and we have no standards for our fans, then we will continue to have bandwagon fans that only show up for big games because its the thing to do, not because they are supporting their team.

I'd rather have 10,000...it would at least give the place more of a "place to be" atmosphere. 

Plus..10,000 people talking at normal volume might be louder than 5,000 screaming.  lol

BTW...there were 3500...not 5,000.  For a 20-12 USF teams FIRST POST-SEASON HOME GAME in WHO KNOWS how many years!!!

20 and 12...we ARE a winning team!!!

This is what i don't get.  Its the fact that we just let it go by...and say...meh...whatever.  Its ok we averaged less than 5-6 grand at the end of the season.  its ok we only get less than 3 or 4% of the student population to games. 

3 or 4%  REALLY?!?!?! 

Basketball?!?!?!  not that popular...3 or 4%?!?!?!?!

WTF?!?!?!

GO BULLS!!!

Guest Sunburned

The student section was full so I don't see why anyone is complaining about student attendance. Last I checked the upper level sections were not student seats and that's what was empty.

The last I checked F-2, F-3, G-3, and H-3 are designated student sections, has that changed?

• Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

The last I checked F-2, F-3, G-3, and H-3 are designated student sections, has that changed?

Technically, yes.... But they don't enforce where students sit except for the lower level since there are so many empty seats.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I'd rather have 10,000...it would at least give the place more of a "place to be" atmosphere. 

Plus..10,000 people talking at normal volume might be louder than 5,000 screaming.  lol

BTW...there were 3500...not 5,000.  For a 20-12 USF teams FIRST POST-SEASON HOME GAME in WHO KNOWS how many years!!!

20 and 12...we ARE a winning team!!!

This is what i don't get.  Its the fact that we just let it go by...and say...meh...whatever.  Its ok we averaged less than 5-6 grand at the end of the season.  its ok we only get less than 3 or 4% of the student population to games. 

3 or 4%  REALLY?!?!?! 

Basketball?!?!?!  not that popular...3 or 4%?!?!?!?!

WTF?!?!?!

GO BULLS!!!

your argument is invalid. give it up.

Archived