• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

The think is...i hate being the one to do this.  But since no one else has the balls...i guess i'll be the one.  

Why don't we hold our standards higher!!?!?!

We should be getting better and better with attendance and that is NOT happening.  This is a problem.

Our purpose here is to discuss issues involving our alma mater good or BAD!!!

Im not afraid to point a particularly embarrassing issue if I see fit.  

I'm surprised someone hasn't posted on it already.  

Impromptu game...understood...but still.  3,500?!?!?! 

At a school with almost 40k?!?!?!  This wasn't a problem ONLY LAST NIGHT, its been a problem ALL SEASON.

Students are NOT into it.  Imagine if we had HALF the football student section in the Dome for every game...that'd be almost 6k at every game. 

It still boggles my mind that we can't even get a few thousand(1/4 of the football student section) in the dome.  We can't even do that!

GO BULLS!!!

My issue is with the students... since this game was on campus and more then 3,500 live on and just off of campus where the hell were they?

It was a Tuesday night. Many of them were probably in class or studying. On top of that, it's pretty clear not all of them are going to go.

There's no such thing as a university where 100 percent of the students living on or near the campus attend basketball games. There are people who don't care about basketball or any other sport.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

The think is...i hate being the one to do this.  But since no one else has the balls...i guess i'll be the one.  

Why don't we hold our standards higher!!?!?!

We should be getting better and better with attendance and that is NOT happening.  This is a problem.

Our purpose here is to discuss issues involving our alma mater good or BAD!!!

Im not afraid to point a particularly embarrassing issue if I see fit.  

I'm surprised someone hasn't posted on it already.  

Impromptu game...understood...but still.  3,500?!?!?! 

At a school with almost 40k?!?!?!  This wasn't a problem ONLY LAST NIGHT, its been a problem ALL SEASON.

Students are NOT into it.  Imagine if we had HALF the football student section in the Dome for every game...that'd be almost 6k at every game. 

It still boggles my mind that we can't even get a few thousand(1/4 of the football student section) in the dome.  We can't even do that!

GO BULLS!!!

My issue is with the students... since this game was on campus and more then 3,500 live on and just off of campus where the hell were they?

It was a Tuesday night. Many of them were probably in class or studying. On top of that, it's pretty clear not all of them are going to go.

There's no such thing as a university where 100 percent of the students living on or near the campus attend basketball games. There are people who don't care about basketball or any other sport.

Again, NIT announced Sunday night, students just got back from spring break, and tickets were not free.  That said, that was one of the most vocal and active student sections of the entire season.

• Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

just out of curiosity how many people that replied to in this tread were actually at the game or what was your excuse for not being there?

I wasn't at the game.  Why do I or anyone else need an excuse for not going?  The reason I wasn't there:  "I chose not to go."

Will you be in Gainesville tomorrow evening for the USF Women's Basketball WNIT game?

thanks for your honest answer that is the responce I got from most of my friends when I called them to go to the game. Sadly USF basketball or athletics are not the Cool thing (Cant miss) thing to do and apparently one good season and a postseason game are not enough to change that.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

I thought the crowd was good.  It got reasonably loud in there when it needed to be.  Student section looked pretty full and rowdy, though I did see a few students turn away when they found out they had to pay to get in........"I'm not going to pay to see us lose" was the actual quote I heard as they walked away.  Wasn't it like $4 or something for students?  Man, you already went to the trouble of getting to the dome, shell out a couple bucks to get in.

"I'm not going to pay to see us lose" was the actual quote I heard as they walked away. 

Good. I wouldn't want that kind of person at the game.

• Content Count:  684

Poor showing...

"I'm not going to pay to see us lose" was the actual quote I heard as they walked away. 

Well then what you're saying is you don't want attendance to improve, because the couple thousand that have been showing up to games for the past five years are the ones who don't mind going just to see the team lose. The team losing so much is why for several years a crowd of 5,000 has been a big turnout for USF.

If winning is the way to draw more fans (it is), it stands to reason losing is the reason the fans haven't been coming.

Well then what you're saying is you don't want attendance to improve, because the couple thousand that have been showing up to games for the past five years are the ones who don't mind going just to see the team lose. The team losing so much is why for several years a crowd of 5,000 has been a big turnout for USF.

If winning is the way to draw more fans (it is), it stands to reason losing is the reason the fans haven't been coming.

The last four years are not the same as this year.  The team was 20-12 heading into last nights game. Why were they expecting us to lose? This was the first postseason game in 8 years and their reaction is we're going to lose. I don't want someone coming who is expecting to see us lose, I want people who expect us to win, who are going to cheer, and who are excited to go to the game.

Why were they expecting us to lose?

Your argument might hold more water if the fan in question, the fan who expected the team to lose, wasn't correct.

USF needs to build some credibility with these fans by winning. And while this one random fan walked away, wasn't attendance up overall this year, particularly after the four-game winning streak? I think so, but I don't know for sure. If it was, it means the winning this year already paid off a little bit, regardless of this one person's decision not to pay $4 for a ticket.

In any case, saying you don't want these people to be fans of the team isn't the answer because like I said, that means by definition attendance can't rise above what it is right now.

• Content Count:  4,879

answer: they shouldn't play basketball games during spring football season.

Archived