• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Seriously...I hate being the one to do this.  But...what the HELL is up with our fanbase?!?!?!!?

We make it to the first post-season tourney in 8 YEARS and we can only muster up 3k?!?!?!?

I love USF as much as the next guy...but sometimes the questions surrounding the marketing and promotion of this school enrage me.

And then wind up embarrassing me when we have poor showings like this.

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Seriously...I hate being the one to do this.

So don't! It's much easier to not type all this repetitive whining than it is to go ahead and type it!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Its the NIT..... Nobody drew well last night. Seton Hall had about 1200 people at their game. Take a chill pill dude, or buy a seat in the Cabana and drink up.

The think is...i hate being the one to do this.  But since no one else has the balls...i guess i'll be the one.  

Why don't we hold our standards higher!!?!?!

We should be getting better and better with attendance and that is NOT happening.  This is a problem.

Our purpose here is to discuss issues involving our alma mater good or BAD!!!

Im not afraid to point a particularly embarrassing issue if I see fit.  

I'm surprised someone hasn't posted on it already.  

Impromptu game...understood...but still.  3,500?!?!?! 

At a school with almost 40k?!?!?!  This wasn't a problem ONLY LAST NIGHT, its been a problem ALL SEASON.

Students are NOT into it.  Imagine if we had HALF the football student section in the Dome for every game...that'd be almost 6k at every game. 

It still boggles my mind that we can't even get a few thousand(1/4 of the football student section) in the dome.  We can't even do that!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  5,881

The think is...i hate being the one to do this.  But since no one else has the balls...i guess i'll be the one.  

We should be getting better and better with attendance and that is NOT happening.  This is a problem.

I'm surprise someone hasn't posted on it already.  

GO BULLS!!!

quit whining. the attendance looked good on tv. this team has had terrible attendance for years with all the losing and you suddenly expect it to turnaround for one game? give me a break.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

are you surprised at the turnout?  we haven't had good turnouts to hoops games in 15 years... why would an NIT home game really be much different?  We already know our fan base really does not care about hoops.  Not much more to say about that.  All the complaining in the world will not change that.  Our fans love football MUCH more and hoops is an afterthought.

• Content Count:  3,475

You are so brave! I admire your courage.

So are you suggesting punishing the fans? What standards are you talking about?

Thank you for bringing to basketball attendance to the attention of members of this forum. I don't think anyone had any idea that it was an issue before you started this thread. The thing is, you aren't "discussing" anything. You are only whining. You don't offer any kind of insight you haven't, uh, "offered" before. You don't offer any kind of solution. You're just whining. And people whine about this constantly. Everybody is aware of it.

Because you have BALLS~!

It this a joke? Surely it's a joke. It must be a joke.

are you surprised at the turnout?  we haven't had good turnouts to hoops games in 15 years... why would an NIT home game really be much different?  We already know our fan base really does not care about hoops.  Not much more to say about that.  All the complaining in the world will not change that.  Our fans love football MUCH more and hoops is an afterthought.

not much to argue about there...

THIS is the problem.

The question is...how to change this???

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  1,390

I already said this in a different thread, but NIT attendance is always garbage.

UNC had 6,800 (compared to their normal 20,000), UConn had 5,500 (compared to normal 10-14k), AZ St had 2,900 and Miss St (fresh off almost upsetting Kentucky) had 4,400.

You are so brave! I admire your courage.

So are you suggesting punishing the fans? What standards are you talking about?

Thank you for bringing to basketball attendance to the attention of members of this forum. I don't think anyone had any idea that it was an issue before you started this thread. The thing is, you aren't "discussing" anything. You are only whining. You don't offer any kind of insight you haven't, uh, "offered" before. You don't offer any kind of solution. You're just whining. And people whine about this constantly. Everybody is aware of it.

Because you have BALLS~!

It this a joke? Surely it's a joke. It must be a joke.

Joke?  No, not a joke.  Legit question.  Requesting LEGIT answers.  

But no one seems to have any of them...  Not ANY of you...nor do ANY of the people at the USF marketing and promotion department.

I realize there is only so much we can do...but still, there has to be a way to remedy this and get more butts in the seats for next season.  

I'm trying to stir the pot here...i know i do it often.  lets lay off a bit and look at the issue.

I know it sure sounds like im whining...because i am. I know i am...Why?  Cause i just don't see anyone with the POWER to do so, doing ANYTHING.

GO BULLS!!!

Archived