• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dick Vitale "A 9-9 team in the Big East should go to the NCAAT!"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Still holding out hope that the selection committee takes Gus' injury into account for a few of our close losses.

I don't care what Seton Hall's RPI is, we beat them, we have a better league win than they do, and we have our best OOC win being better than theirs.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Much of the March Madness fun comes from some lesser known little colleges getting in the Tourney as underdogs with seemingly no chance at winning.  If only well established big programs participated it wouldn't be as entertaining on TV.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Much of the March Madness fun comes from some lesser known little colleges getting in the Tourney as underdogs with seemingly no chance at winning.  If only well established big programs participated it wouldn't be as entertaining on TV.

You can't say that it wouldn't be as entertaining. Remember Villanova?

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Still holding out hope that the selection committee takes Gus' injury into account for a few of our close losses.

I don't care what Seton Hall's RPI is, we beat them, we have a better league win than they do, and we have our best OOC win being better than theirs.

RPIs

USF: 68

SH: 55

Conference Wins

USF: Rutgers, Providence(x2), Seton Hall, Pittsburgh, Georgetown, Cincinnati, DePaul(x2), Connecticut

SH: Cincinnati, Louisville, Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, DePaul, St Johns, Rutgers, Providence(x2)

Best OOC Wins

USF: vs Kent State

SH: @ Cornell

• Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

I remember a few years ago that I suggested USF seriously considering taking a shot and give Bob Huggins a second chance when things were going badly for him. Everyone deserves a second chance and Huggins obviously made the best of his. I just believe that if he were coaching USF they'd already be in the tournament. 

His 616–221 record (.736) during his 25 seasons as a head coach ranks him eighth in winning percentage and seventh in victories among active Division I coaches. He is one of only 4 active Division I coaches with 600 career victories. Huggins has been to 15 total NCAA tournaments, including 14 of the last 15 seasons. Huggins' teams have participated in the postseason 22 of 25 times. Huggins has averaged 23.6 wins per season, including 25.6 his last 15 years.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I remember a few years ago that I suggested USF seriously considering taking a shot and give Bob Huggins a second chance when things were going badly for him. Everyone deserves a second chance and Huggins obviously made the best of his. I just believe that if he were coaching USF they'd already be in the tournament.   

His 616–221 record (.736) during his 25 seasons as a head coach ranks him eighth in winning percentage and seventh in victories among active Division I coaches. He is one of only 4 active Division I coaches with 600 career victories. Huggins has been to 15 total NCAA tournaments, including 14 of the last 15 seasons. Huggins' teams have participated in the postseason 22 of 25 times. Huggins has averaged 23.6 wins per season, including 25.6 his last 15 years.

random and irrelevant

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

That is the ultimate wild card...

If Gus stayed healthy... we might have been an 11 - 7 team in conference, and a lock. at 23 wins overall, with at least one win over ND, no bad loss to CMU...

I don't know how much they weight this scenario... but it deserves considering.

I still think we are NIT bound regardless...but we can always pray for a miracle.

• Content Count:  468

random and irrelevant

Pobably somewhat, but didn't want to start a new thread. Just kinda funny again how slammed I got for it at the time - look what hes done since - and now everyone is hoping and praying that USF gets in. Ain't gonna happen again this year. Sorry. Everything I've read says so.

• Content Count:  1,204

I think Vitale was speaking of USF and Seton Hall because both would be included.  I tend to concur.  I think the Big East is a tough conference and that USF and Seton Hall could make some noise in the first few rounds.

I think 10 teams are deserving, but only eight will get in.

• Content Count:  259

A full analysis would take into consideration Gus being out for Central Mich....

A man can pray and hope - but it doesn't look likely.

Archived