• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bill Stewart predicts Big East Collapse, WVU moving to ACC or SEC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

There is a huge difference between Temple and Rutgers. Temple was kicked out of the Big East. They're not committed to football and never will be they made that clear, unlike Rutgers who was given the same ultimatum.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

There is a huge difference between Temple and Rutgers. Temple was kicked out of the Big East. They're not committed to football and never will be they made that clear, unlike Rutgers who was given the same ultimatum.

I think that has changed; there was a lot of excitement last year when they made a bowl game. I think their average attendance number was around 20,000 last year; if they join the Big East that number IMO will surely crack the 30,000 mark and continue to increase with success.  What was our average attendance number before entering the Big East? Just like us they are a team with great growth potential. Also they play in a NFL stadium, they have a great basketball team, and I think they would be a good fit should the Big East expand!

Guest Sunburned

Just talking to people here Gainesville and Tally I get the feeling we would be an ACC pick way before the other teams mentioned. SEC will never go past the Mississippi to pick up T and T and AM or any Texas team too far west! That said SEC would not take USF either. So I am going With ACC.

The last time I checked, the Arkansaa Razorbacks are located west of the Mississippi

Guest Sunburned

How much would it cost UConn to travel to Houston and/or Dallas? While I can understand the Big EAST needing to add schools, I don't think Texas is the way to go.

Simply based on the cost of travel. Do you think TCU or Houston fans will travel to BE games?

I don't think many Houston and TCU fans will travel for BE games, but how many USF  fans travel? I do think you will see a potential bump in home attendance like you saw  with USF for the big games against WVU, Pitt, Cincy,... and because you play in a better conference

Those teams all have a very large presence of alumni and fans in our area and WVU travels very well.. I don't believe the same can be said of schools like TCU and Houston.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Callmesuperman,

the amount of money Temple puts in their program is low compared to MAC standards. Don't let one season fool you. Temple has a great coach, not a great program

Guest nybullsfan

Just talking to people here Gainesville and Tally I get the feeling we would be an ACC pick way before the other teams mentioned. SEC will never go past the Mississippi to pick up T and T and AM or any Texas team too far west! That said SEC would not take USF either. So I am going With ACC.

The last time I checked, the Arkansaa Razorbacks are located west of the Mississippi

Stop interrupting the arguments with facts!! Just stop!!  >:D

• Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

Mizzou to the BigTen gives them the St. Louis and KC markets.  The BigTen Network isn't standard on St.Louis TV packages.  However, not much talk about this going on here, and I would expect Mizzou would be deep down in the BigTen's pecking order.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

You got to think that the Big Ten would want rutgers and the NY/NJ market. If they can't get Notre Dame. Then rutgers has to be #2.

Archived