• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jones tells Auman he may go to NBA or may come back

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I'm hearing he's gone, but we'll see. Either way I think we stay compete for a NCAAT berth next season if one of our shooters develop and we get good PG play.

Did you hear it from from a reliable source? According to the Auman article he has yet to make a decision, and according to Carter's article Coach Heath has said that he expects Dominique Jones to be back.

http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

After the first four win game streak teams have exposed weaknesses to DOJO's game, especially his jump shot and his range. Yesterday in the biggest game of his life he only made 6 out of 18 shots. He has had similarly bad games since the first Georgetown game. Playing Providence and Depaul twice have inflated his numbers a bit. He was far less impressive against teams like Marquette and Villanova. I think it be best for him to come back and improve his game solidifying his draft prospects after next season. If he comes out this year I'm not sure whether he would be drafted in the first round.

Only thing I'm sure off is that if he is able to improve his shooting and overall game, and is able to lead USF to the NCAAT next year; his drafting propsect would be much higher then it is now which would mean guaranteed money and a higher starting salary!

I say he's money! However like I said earlier we'll see what Jones does as things sometimes change, but if I had to choose right now I'll say Jones is gone.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

You lead the Big East in scoring average.. you go.. simple as that.. sorry to say, but follow the greenbacks.

Guest Scherdin

You lead the Big East in scoring average.. you go.. simple as that.. sorry to say, but follow the greenbacks.

You only get greenbacks if you are selected in the 1st round...or make the roster.

Plus isn't the NBA having some more labor issues?  Heard of a possible lockout after next year

• Content Count:  1,913

"You lead the Big East in scoring average.. you go.. simple as that."

OK, so why did Luke Harangody come back to Notre Dame after leading the league last year? Or after leading the league in scoring as a sophomore two years ago? It's not like I had to reach far back to find an exception to what you said -- I haven't found an example for what you suggested yet.

• Content Count:  2,052

I think he needs to stay.

1. He's too small for NBA (needs to gain some weight)

2. Needs to improve his outside shot on a consistant basis. NBA will eat him alive

3. Needs to learn how to break a double team and not panic.

4. needs to get his degree now. When the playing days are done, what are you going to fall back on kid?

5. USF needs him. He is the leader. He jumps ship, what do the other players think? This is a team sport.

6. Needs to lose the big head. He is good, but there are others who will wipe him up.

7. Needs to grow and mature. One more year is not going to kill him.

I think he needs to stay.

1. He's too small for NBA (needs to gain some weight)

2. Needs to improve his outside shot on a consistant basis. NBA will eat him alive

3. Needs to learn how to break a double team and not panic.

4. needs to get his degree now. When the playing days are done, what are you going to fall back on kid?

5. USF needs him. He is the leader. He jumps ship, what do the other players think? This is a team sport.

6. Needs to lose the big head. He is good, but there are others who will wipe him up.

7. Needs to grow and mature. One more year is not going to kill him.

1. actually he's a good size for the PG position and strong enough to play the SG at certain times.

2. Yes he will need to improve his shot and he's doesn't get great lift on his jumper either.

3. I don't think he is bad at breaking double teams and finding his teammates at times. He will force things when he gets frustrated like a lot of guys.

4. Can come back and get his degree at anytime if he chooses.

5. They could use him however HE"S NO TEAM LEADER. Never confuse him with being a team leader, good player but team leader doesn't belong attached to his name.

6. Why he's no team leader.

7. Again why he's no team leader and another year would help his game but not attitude.

• Content Count:  3,084

"You lead the Big East in scoring average.. you go.. simple as that."

OK, so why did Luke Harangody come back to Notre Dame after leading the league last year? Or after leading the league in scoring as a sophomore two years ago? It's not like I had to reach far back to find an exception to what you said -- I haven't found an example for what you suggested yet.

Because Harangody's game doesnt translate into the NBA.  That slow, ugly turnaround floating jumpshot will be thrown into the 8th row by Kevin Garnett every time.  D. Jones doesnt have a great jumper or a left but that can be coached and taught.  But he has insane athletic ability and a knack for scoring and you cant teach that or athletic ability, its a gift. 

Jones will be a project without a Jumper but the NBA would rather a project than a fundamentally sound guy with no athletic ability, all day.  you see it every year.  He is gone.

• Content Count:  4,451

I vote the extra year.  IMO Jones is a borderline NBA player at this point.  He vanishes at times in games vs the upper echelon BE teams.  NBA talent speed and defenses will steal his lunch money.  Plus he does need to develope the outside shot better.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Everyone here isn't used to early entrants into the NBA unlike football, a borderline first rounder can go from that to undrafted in one season.

Sure he could use some more time in college, but. Let's be honest unlike football players can continue to iron themselves out in the NBA. Look at guys lahore have left early the last few years.

This isn't football. Jones goes, gets paid.

Now I'm convinced he is gone unless family talk him out of it

Archived