• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF player has no plans to sue ex-coach Jim Leavitt

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

Hooray finally someone is not listening to a greedy attorney and using common sense. 

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

The only downside to this is now McMurphy never has to take the stand.

• Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I do not blame Miller for initially hiring an attorney.  All of the parties wove a complex web, and it became impossible to determine who was lying.  He needed professional counsel to protect himself from the other parties who already had their lawyers lined up.  I also do not blame him for hiring Cohen.  If you are going to hire an attorney, you better hire the best you can afford and not Lionel Hutz from "I Cannot Believe It Is A Lawfirm".

Sure Cohen issued some strong statements, but that is part of the posturing lawyers take when a case is tried by the pubic and media before anything goes to trial.

I will give Miller the benefit of the doubt that he wants to put this all behind and concentrate on school and football.

I hope the rest of the USF fanbase just moves on from this incident and focuses on the future of the program.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

makes you wonder why joel miller would cook up such a story and conspire with everyone involved to get leavitt fired

all of that for nothing?!

:D

• Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

I would've sued Lievitt.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

What is it you think he could add?  Everything he has reported has been verified - at least to the extent that the sources he used have stood behind their statements.  Even if you believe Leavitt was just giving a guy a pep talk and a shoulder rub, hard to see anything that could be uncovered about McMurphy on this issue.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

... or Erskin and even Miller. Would have been interesting to know how long the BM and Erskin have been in contact ... Where the "most powerful man in the building" stuff actually originated ... Why Colby lied about being close friends with Joel and saying Joel went to him for advice and what else he was possibly lying about?

Learning all that stuff, though, still wouldn't have made the lawsuit worth it .... Glad someone came to their senses on that side, for whatever the reason.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

... or Erskin and even Miller. Would have been interesting to know how long the BM and Erskin have been in contact ... Where the "most powerful man in the building" stuff actually originated ... Why Colby lied about being close friends with Joel and saying Joel went to him for advice and what else he was possibly lying about?

Learning all that stuff, though, still wouldn't have made the lawsuit worth it .... Glad someone came to their senses on that side, for whatever the reason.

hes talked with brett for at least two years....

i remember asking a player where BMM was getting all this inside info and he said colby and others... mainly colby

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

makes you wonder why joel miller would cook up such a story and conspire with everyone involved to get leavitt fired

all of that for nothing?!

:D

Good grief, hatter, very few thought Joel conspired with anyone. He was a mostly innocent pawn in all this...

Archived