• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Max Lang thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Rivals has a premium story up on his verbal:

August 24, 2010

South Florida adds a major commitment for 2011

Corey Dowlar

USFBullsEYE.com

The University of South Florida added a big name to their commitment list for 2011 on Tuesday morning. Orlando (Fla.) Boone offensive lineman Max Lang pledged his services to the Bulls. Read inside for more on his decision.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Max to USF!

Recruiting Radar: OL Max Lang commits

Posted August 24, 2010 by Scott Carter

Updated Aug 24, 2010 at 12:52 PM

First-year USF coach Skip Holtz had to scramble fast to put together his first recruiting class in Tampa.

His second one seems to be coming along nicely based on the numbers.

According to USFBullsEye.com, Orlando Boone offensive lineman Max Lang verbally committed to the Bulls on Tuesday morning. Lang is the 11th oral commitment USF has received for the 2011 recruiting class.

Lang, who is 6-foot-4 and 276 pounds, had been a primary target for USF’s coaching staff for several months. He reportedly had scholarship offers from several other schools, including Miami, UCF, Rutgers and Louisville.

“I’ve always had them in my mind for a couple of years now,’’ Lang told Rivals.com site USFBullsEye.com. “This was totally a complete faith thing. I really think I am done. I am happy it is over. I am happy the stress is gone. I can finish my high school career off on a strong note.’‘

Lang joins Pahokee LB Rontavious Atkins, Sebring LB Zach Bullock, Cape Coral LB/DE Edsel Caprice, Stone Mountain (Ga.) RB Willie Davis, Milton QB Matt Floyd, Land O’ Lakes QB Stephen Weatherford, Tallahassee Lincoln DB Chris Garye Jr., Lake Region OL Thor Jozwiak, Punta Gorda Charlotte WR Alex Mut and Bay Minette (Ala.) OL David Simon as verbal pledges for 2011.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/recruiting-radar-ol-max-lang-commits/

AUGUST 24, 2010

Rivals: Orlando tackle Lang commits to Bulls

USF coach Skip Holtz has reportedly picked up arguably his biggest commitment toward his Class of 2011, as Orlando Boone offensive tackle Max Lang has committed to play for the Bulls, USF.rivals.com's Corey Dowlar is reporting.

Lang, 6-foot-6 and 280 pounds, is rated as a three-star recruit by both Rivals and Scout, and is ranked as the state's No. 88 overall prospect according to the Orlando Sentinel's rankings. The only other USF commitment on the Sentinel's top 100 is quarterback Stevie Weatherford, who is No. 84 on the same list.

After starting with smaller players, this is the third lineman to pick the Bulls in the last month, joining Alabama's David "Boo" Simon and Lake Region's Thor Jozwiak. Counting receiver Jamaal Montague, a 2010 signee who said Tuesday he will join the Bulls on scholarship in January, USF now has 12 commitments toward its 2011 class.

Posted by Greg Auman at 12:53:53 pm on August 24, 2010 in Football

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/rivals-orlando-tackle-lang-commits-bulls#comments

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

I guess he really wanted to get it over with. Sentinel had a short article just over a week ago:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/topic/os-recruiting-news-20100813,0,6537441.story

Lang has said all along that he wanted to get his decision made by the time the season started, and it's fastly approaching with one full week of practice in the books.

"I do want to get it over soon, because it will affect the way I play and the way I practice," Lang said. "No matter what anyone says, it has an affect on you.

"Do that hat thing and put the hats out there and pick up the one that I choose. I think that's pathetic. I can't believe kids do that."

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Nice!  Let's get a Florida top 50 guy now

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Nice!  Let's get a Florida top 50 guy now

Baby steps for now. However for the BE conference this is an awesome get for USF.

Scout has a free story about his verbal:

Bulls get Big Commit from OT Max Lang 

By Larry Weisbaum

USFNation.com

Posted Aug 24, 2010 

The South Florida commitment list just got bigger, literally, as Boone offensive lineman Max Lang committed to the Bulls.

The South Florida commitment list just got bigger, literally, as Boone offensive lineman Max Lang committed to the Bulls.

“DID YOU HEAR THE NEWS?!†Lang texted, “I committed to USF today!â€

Lang, a 6-foot-5, 280-pounde elite offensive lineman from Boone high school in Orlando said he committed to the staff about an hour ago after thinking things over and deciding to play for USF.

“I called Coach Shank first, but he didn’t pick-up, so I called Coach Fitch,†said Lang. “They said Coach Holtz will call me later.â€

“I just felt it was where I needed to be,†Lang said. “USF has everything I need and want over in Tampa.â€

The 3-star prospect ranked as the No. 43-best offensive tackle in the country had over 14 offers, but in the end he chose USF over Texas Tech, and South Carolina.

“This was God's choice, and this is where I need to be. It’s my destiny,†Lang texted.

Now that this choice has been made Lang said what he feels is hard to contain.

“I’m shaking I’m so excited,†said Lang. “It feels great, but I look like an idiot in class

As a junior Lang was named Second Team All State OL for class 6A and First Team All Central Florida OL by the Orlando Sentinel. Lang is the third OL prospect for this class, and is the 11th overall commitment.

http://southflorida.scout.com/2/995380.html

BTW, Max is a good friend of Laquentin Smith, who is expected to decide soon. Hopefully, this will help him to also pick USF.

Archived