• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Max Lang thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

I would say the first ten yard split time of a forty is all that really matters to an OL. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

USF will also be hosting junior day Saturday, and those Orlando-area players who have told the Sentinel they will be in attendance are Boone OL Max Lang, Olympia LB Darryl Monroe, Olympia DT Deon Green and Sanford Seminole DB-K Eric Farkas.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-recruiting-usf-alabama-host-junior-days,0,5642265.story

• 1 month later...

Boone OL Max Lang receives 8th offer, this one from Middle Tennessee

os-recruiting-max-lang-photo_53405107.JPG

Max Lang, OT, Orlando Boone (Gary Green/Orlando Sentinel)

By Chris Hays | Orlando Sentinel

2:04 a.m. EDT, April 21, 2010

Boone High OL Max Lang received his eighth scholarship offer over the weekend as Middle Tennessee State joined the chase.

Lang, who attended the USF spring game on Saturday and spent some time with new head coach Skip Holtz, also has offers from UCF, USF, Florida State, Kansas, South Carolina, FIU and Texas Tech.

Lang, enjoyed the USF visit and said Holtz certainly knows how to take over a room, not unlike his famous father Lou Holtz.

"There really is a presence when he is in a certain area," Lang said. "He's awesome, but I love the whole coaching staff. Especially Coach Fitch (Todd, offensive coordinator/running backs) and Coach Shankweller (Steve, offensive line coach)."

The 6-foot-5, 290-pound Lang is No. 11 in the Sentinel's 2011 Central Florida Super60 and No. 62 in the Sentinel's 2011 Florida Top 100.

He is also the No. 23-ranked offensive tackle in the country according to Scout.com rankings.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-recruiting-max-lang-offered-by-middle-tennessee,0,3797799.story

Lang says he prefers to stay in-state and now lists USF as high after his visit.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4340490

• Content Count:  573

Boone OL Max Lang receives 8th offer, this one from Middle Tennessee

os-recruiting-max-lang-photo_53405107.JPG

Max Lang, OT, Orlando Boone (Gary Green/Orlando Sentinel)

By Chris Hays | Orlando Sentinel

2:04 a.m. EDT, April 21, 2010

Boone High OL Max Lang received his eighth scholarship offer over the weekend as Middle Tennessee State joined the chase.

Lang, who attended the USF spring game on Saturday and spent some time with new head coach Skip Holtz, also has offers from UCF, USF, Florida State, Kansas, South Carolina, FIU and Texas Tech.

Lang, enjoyed the USF visit and said Holtz certainly knows how to take over a room, not unlike his famous father Lou Holtz.

"There really is a presence when he is in a certain area," Lang said. "He's awesome, but I love the whole coaching staff. Especially Coach Fitch (Todd, offensive coordinator/running backs) and Coach Shankweller (Steve, offensive line coach)."

The 6-foot-5, 290-pound Lang is No. 11 in the Sentinel's 2011 Central Florida Super60 and No. 62 in the Sentinel's 2011 Florida Top 100.

He is also the No. 23-ranked offensive tackle in the country according to Scout.com rankings.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-recruiting-max-lang-offered-by-middle-tennessee,0,3797799.story

The kid looks like Skip minus 30 years or so.

• 1 month later...

USF is still leading for him. This is a free blurb:

Lang’s Into New Coaches 

Max Lang  By Allen Wallace

National Recruiting Editor

Date: Jun 25, 2010

Max Lang still favors South Florida solidly over Texas Tech and those two lead over Louisville and Florida. “I love the location (of USF),†Lang said. “It’s amazing over there and I fell in love with the coaches. I think the program can go a long way. Coach Skip Holtz is amazing and I like how I just feel comfortable talking to him and his staff. They really go out of their way to help...†

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4340490

• Content Count:  4,879

So, why not commit?

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So, why not commit?

I want players to take as long as they'd like to commit, and then be 100% committed once they do. 

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I think he still has visits to take. But it looks like he will be a Bull.

Archived