• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Max Lang thread

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

There is already a thread about it

careful, some people may start calling you names  ::)

• Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  0

Max Lang evaluation pulled from ESPN which in turn looks like it gets its info from (Scout Inc.)

Lang combines the quick feet and good hand use necessary to succeed in pass protection. Has the size and athleticism for the offensive tackle position at the major level of competition. Shows good flexibility playing from a three point stance; flashes explosion with good initial fit and pad level when drive blocking; is able to sustain with base and leg drive. This prospect has the initial quickness and agility to get a hat on active 1st and 2nd level defenders; demonstrates the agility and balance necessary to play on his feet in space. Displays very good pull / trap skill; is quick out of his stance, runs well with the ability to turn up-field while locating defenders with good finishing results. We see a player capable of handling all the required run blocking techniques at the next level of play. His nimble feet, long arms and quick hands will be an asset in pass protection; sets quickly with the ability to bend, slide and play flat footed; can get to the deep set point, showing the foot agility to slide back inside; demonstrates strong initial punch along with good location and extension. We like this guy's tough finishing effort. Lang will need to improve his explosion and playing strength. This could require time and perhaps a red shirt year. Once this is accomplished he should have a long and productive career.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

BTW, Max is a good friend of Laquentin Smith, who is expected to decide soon. Hopefully, this will help him to also pick USF.

Is there article/info on Laquentin Smith? I haven't heard story on him

BTW, Max is a good friend of Laquentin Smith, who is expected to decide soon. Hopefully, this will help him to also pick USF.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. If you are referring to my comment about them being friends, I happened to notice that on face book, rather than reading it in some article.

He might enroll early, like our two QB verbals plan on doing:

Orlando Boone offensive lineman Max Lang commits to USF

By Buddy Collings | Orlando Sentinel

3:42 p.m. EDT, August 24, 2010

Boone offensive lineman Max Lang, who said two weeks ago he had narrowed his list of prospective colleges to three but did not want to make them public, made one public Tuesday when he committed to the USF Bulls, over TCU, South Carolina and Duke.

"There's a lot of reasons. At the end of the day it's always felt right to me," Lang said. "I love the coaching. There's a lot of things about it that I really like.

"The main thing was the coaching itself. It is close to home, which is a factor. It is everything I really wanted to be in. It was a great spot for me and my family at the same time."

The 6-foot-5, 290-pound Lang said TCU didn't turn out to be the right situation.

"South Carolina and Duke were also close," he said, "but USF had everything for me as a player and as a person."

Lang, the No. 10-ranked player in the Sentinel's Central Florida Super60 had 16 offers with Florida State, Texas Tech, Arizona State and UCF among the others.

Lang, the 11th commitment to the USF class of 2001, said he is hoping to graduate early and enroll early in college but is not sure he can pull that off.

"I'm not sure if that will work. I have a couple more classes I'd have to take. I'll have to talk it over with my family."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-recruiting-max-lang-commits-usf,0,3025531.story

• Content Count:  3,616
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. If you are referring to my comment about them being friends, I happened to notice that on face book, rather than reading it in some article.

Who is Laquentin Smith? What position is he, school he goes, his ranking, who he is being recruited by, etc.?

Who is Laquentin Smith? What position is he, school he goes, his ranking, who he is being recruited by, etc.?

He's a LB from Orlando. It's between USF and Arkansas.

Here is a link to the thread on him.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=71246.0

Archived