• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ya'll Come Watch Dominique Play!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

DoJo is a premier scorer.  Not a premier player. 

I won't discredit him for what he has done for this program.  And I value the fact that he has remained sane throughout his career here going through the losing seasons and a coaching change.  That takes a lot of heart and will power to not just say, "Enough of this" and get up and transfer to a more (at least) competitive team.

If he is a premier player he would have been able to make his teammates around him better especially when he is struggling against double teams.  Premier players know, when they're struggling shooting the ball, how to make the players around them better.  And DoJo has not been able to do that, which to his dismay, has him forcing his shots.  Look at how wide he comes off the screens, how he waits for the ball to come to him rather than go to it, how he drives to the baseline and gets doubled, and other little things that have plagued him since Georgetown.

By all means he can score and score in bunches.  But that doesn't make him a premier player.  Premier players creates shots for others, rebounds consistently, recognizes open players when doubled, and sticks to fundamentals like sharp cuts off of screens, blocking out, and recognizing opposing teams' weaknesses.  All this on top of being a prolific scorer.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  259

DoJo is a premier scorer.  Not a premier player. 

I won't discredit him for what he has done for this program.  And I value the fact that he has remained sane throughout his career here going through the losing seasons and a coaching change.  That takes a lot of heart and will power to not just say, "Enough of this" and get up and transfer to a more (at least) competitive team.

If he is a premier player he would have been able to make his teammates around him better especially when he is struggling against double teams.  Premier players know, when they're struggling shooting the ball, how to make the players around them better.  And DoJo has not been able to do that, which to his dismay, has him forcing his shots.  Look at how wide he comes off the screens, how he waits for the ball to come to him rather than go to it, how he drives to the baseline and gets doubled, and other little things that have plagued him since Georgetown.

By all means he can score and score in bunches.  But that doesn't make him a premier player.  Premier players creates shots for others, rebounds consistently, recognizes open players when doubled, and sticks to fundamentals like sharp cuts off of screens, blocking out, and recognizing opposing teams' weaknesses.  All this on top of being a prolific scorer.

Some solid truth to what you are saying, but you also have to understand that it's very hard to score when you have two guys on you the whole time.  I mean the minute he touches the ball he has two guys on him.  Add to that the newly found strategy of rotating defenders on him to wear him out and it really plagues his game.

I think the rotation of defenders is the untold story of his demise.  It really has him frustrated.  The other thing that harms him is he is lazy off the ball.  Guy doesn't move well without the ball and it looks like he is sagging.  But what you are saying has some truth to it.

How the mighty fall.  He is the best player in USF history - no doubt.  But he has gotten lazy and cocky.  Not a good combo

• Content Count:  509

Dominique has been amazing for this program. We are lucky to have him, and I hope he comes back for his senior year. There are 3 regular season games left (Providence, Depaul, UConn) + at least one BE tournament game and possibly more so he will have the opportunity to quiet his critics down.

• Content Count:  259

It would be really nice to get 20 wins in a season.  It's been a long long time since we've done that.

I can't complain.  At least there is something to talk about.  Back in the MAC days we were 1-15 one year in the sorry *** conference usa.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

yea last week some fans were hoping we would make the NCAA. 

but we were never a shoe in for anything...not even the NIT.

watch a full basketball game and then watch a few other games that dont involve USF.

we werent even an NIT team to start the year.  as it went on and DOJO shined we thought we COULD MAYBE make the NCAA. 

once other big east coaches decided to choke down on DOJO we as a team failed.

and now we are still good enough to make the NIT.

i am still very happy with this basketball team.  i would of loved to make the 64 but it is not Jones's fault.

The funny thing is, Vega was at the forefront of fans boasting that the team was going to the NCAA tournament, now the thread starter is using Vega as support for his claim that the team was overrated and *****.

This season has been awesome and the Villanova game isn't over yet. I wish Brad could find a way to lock the board except for one thread during USF basketball or football games because I swear at halftime of every single USF game we get stupid, pointless threads like this one. They're just usually started by Richmond Bull.

Good Lord I'm glad I have my labtop. First of all I never said that the team was overrated or Jones was overrated. I said the stats don't lie in that Dominique has been struggling. If people like Matt can read then it was clear as to what I said. Now all that other stuff needs to be taken up with someone else not me.

Btw as for as my knowledge of basketball I haven't met a person in a long time that brings more to the table then I do. Contribute like me or more then me before you get on here and claim I'm some idiot writing just to be writing.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Another thing, yeah I started a thread about this team going to the NCAAT and I don't regret doing it at all. We talk in real time and when that thread was made I clearly pointed out what was ahead of them and broke down the last 5 games of the season and what USF had to do. So far I was right about how each team we have faced up to this point plays and what USF needed to do. It is not my fault the team is felling to execute and is coming apart. Am I surprised by this, yes I am.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

watch a full basketball game and then watch a few other games that dont involve USF.

we werent even an NIT team to start the year.  as it went on and DOJO shined we thought we COULD MAYBE make the NCAA. 

i am still very happy with this basketball team.  i would of loved to make the 64 but it is not Jones's fault.

The funny thing is, Vega was at the forefront of fans boasting that the team was going to the NCAA tournament, now the thread starter is using Vega as support for his claim that the team was overrated and *****.

This season has been awesome and the Villanova game isn't over yet. I wish Brad could find a way to lock the board except for one thread during USF basketball or football games because I swear at halftime of every single USF game we get stupid, pointless threads like this one. They're just usually started by Richmond Bull.

Good Lord I'm glad I have my labtop. First of all I never said that the team was overrated or Jones was overrated. I said the stats don't lie in that Dominique has been struggling. If people like Matt can read then it was clear as to what I said. Now all that other stuff needs to be taken up with someone else not me.

Btw as for as my knowledge of basketball I haven't met a person in a long time that brings more to the table then I do. Contribute like me or more then me before you get on here and claim I'm some idiot writing just to be writing.

Um. Matt didn't say you called the team overrated, he said cpadbag was using you as his support on why HE thinks the team is overrated.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Haha! I never said you're an idiot, but please continue tooting your own horn. If you thinking this team was likely to make the NCAA tournament – go back and read your posts, you clearly did — means I can't match your message board skillz, so be it. But you DON'T know what you're talking about, if you did your opinion wouldn't change every two weeks.

Also, you should clarify what you said for the troll who started this thread. It claimed something to the effect of "Vega agrees with me, so I must be right!" Which is what I said. But I don't know how to read.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Um. Matt didn't say you called the team overrated, he said cpadbag was using you as his support on why HE thinks the team is overrated.

LOL ... It wasn't Matt. Matt didn't mention Vega, it was gobulls83 .... What the heck is going on with the reading booboos??  :D

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

he went on an AMAZING run.  and now every team is gunning for him.. yet no one will step up and take the reigns.

This.

No college basketball team will ever go far with only 1 scoring threat - it takes at least a couple more consistent scorers for any team to have any kind of continued success.

Teams are going to start focusing on the guy who scores all the points, if nobody else fills the void on a given night then the team won't be very successful.

Archived