• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Former USF Running Back Simpson plays for the Colts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Its responses and crap like that that makes me not want to come back here anymore. I have been on this board for years, and I mean YEARS, and now so many ignorant people and just jackasses are on here and it makes me mad. Like someone said, we are all fellow Bulls, and I don't see why people have to be so **** negative...Plus, there are some NEW Bulls here that don't know who Chad Simpson was/is and I thought it may be relevant...

Don't take it like that...  Pretty much everyone else to post has recognized how ignorant his comment was.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Its responses and crap like that that makes me not want to come back here anymore. I have been on this board for years, and I mean YEARS, and now so many ignorant people and just jackasses are on here and it makes me mad. Like someone said, we are all fellow Bulls, and I don't see why people have to be so **** negative...Plus, there are some NEW Bulls here that don't know who Chad Simpson was/is and I thought it may be relevant...

very true....ive been following USF since '04 when i came to school here but still i never knew of this chad simpson character playing for USF.......

all i remember from the '05 louisville game was amarri jackson, amarri jackson, and amarri jackson

Anytime's a good time for a reminder!

Mr. Simpson enters the screen at the 1:07 mark. I love watching this video.

Embedding doesn't seem to work. :(

Thanks for posting that link - that was my first football season away from Tampa and I missed out on going to that game, but watched it on TV - great win.  I did make it to the 2003 win against Louisville and stormed the field afterward.  I still have the little USF hand sign with the score up on my wall in my office. 

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Im still mad I missed that Louisville game.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

With all the big wins the team has had the past few years - Auburn, West Virgina twice, Florida State - I think that game has been overlooked as an awesome moment. Part of that is probably because Louisville wasn't really as good as the No. 9 ranking would indicate that year; they did go 9-3, but I think USF really exposed them. But 45-14! That was actually the last game I went to at Raymond James until the Louisville game this past season.

Hey, ESPN still has a recap <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=252670058">online</a>!

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) _ Amarri Jackson saw no reason why South Florida shouldn't beat Louisville.

"I'm not saying Louisville is a bad team. They're a great team," the sophomore receiver said Saturday night after running for two touchdowns and throwing for a third to pace a 45-14 rout of the ninth-ranked Cardinals in the Bulls' Big East debut. "I just thought we were just as good as them talent-wise."

After barely playing a role in the offense in his team's first three games, Jackson was Mr. Versatile in helping South Florida (3-1) beat a ranked opponent for the first time in six tries and stop the nation's third-longest Division I-A winning streak at nine games.

Louisville (2-1) had not lost since a 41-38 setback at Miami last Oct. 14. The Cardinals entered the Big East opener with one of the country's most prolific offenses, but never fully got on track in losing to South Florida on the road for the second time in three years.

Three minutes after South Florida's Chad Simpson returned the second-half kickoff 94 yards for a touchdown, Jackson struck again when took a handoff from quarterback Pat Julmiste and tossed an 11-yard scoring pass to Derek Carter to put the Bulls ahead 38-7.

Louisville's second fumble set up the touchdown pass.

"We felt good about our ability to come back in the second half, but the kick return and fumble really swung the momentum in their favor," Petrino said. "We needed to make plays. But as it turned out, USF was the team able to do that."

Jackson finished with 63 yards rushing on two carries and two receptions for 75 yards. Hall, who added a 3-yard TD run in the fourth quarter, gained 83 rushing on 22 attempts, while Julmiste was 4-for-9 for 93 yards passing.

This game led to three years of "When is Jackson gonna show up?" Although what would have been his biggest catch as a Bull was nullified by a ******** offensive pass interference call.

Also, anyone remember Michael Bush's 70 (or so) yard run on the last play of the first half? He eventually was taken down before scoring, and that was huge, it would have been a huge momentum swing if Louisville had scored in such ridiculous fashion.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

too bad we lost to rutgers 4 years in a row

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

With all the big wins the team has had the past few years - Auburn, West Virgina twice, Florida State - I think that game has been overlooked as an awesome moment. Part of that is probably because Louisville wasn't really as good as the No. 9 ranking would indicate that year; they did go 9-3, but I think USF really exposed them. But 45-14! That was actually the last game I went to at Raymond James until the Louisville game this past season.

That was the first big time win for me when I was at USF, which makes mad that I missed it. Been to all the other games thou  ;D

too bad we lost to rutgers 4 years in a row

This is very relevant in a thread about Chad Simpson and his one big moment as a Bull.

You'll never change - your methods only become more obvious as you further descend into senility.

Archived