• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting: Heat Academy players could make up our class

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

When Heath said that he was going to stay behind to recruit after the Georgetown game I promise you he was headed to Virgina and mainly Heat Academy where they have a very nice collection of talent. One such talent is 6-11 center Waverly Austin who has signed with us. He comes off the bench behind 6-10 center Kelvin Gaines who has signed with Cincinnati. Well there is a battle going on for 3 Heat Academy players among BE schools, Louisville, South Florida, and Marquette. The players are: 6-5 SG/SF PJ Lockridge, 6-6 Forward Michael Haynes, and 6-3 Guard Desmond Lee.

Lockridge - visited Louisville for the UCONN game Monday and was blown away. His coach says he might visit USF if his recruitment gets that far. Lockridge is averaging an impressive 25 ppg game for the loaded Heat Academy team. Very smooth and skilled player that Heath has been on him for a while now.

Haynes - Straight beast!!! Formerly one of the top players in Illinois and he is deciding between USF, Marquette, Xavier, and Memphis. Haynes is a PF by nature but is expanding his game to adopt to more of a SF. Would love to have him in a Bulls uniform. Powerful player that is relentless on the boards.

Lee - really likes USF and like Haynes and Lockridge he has the body type and strength to play in the Big East. The former football standout plans on visiting USF later this month. Plays with heart and the bulldog mentality that coaches and teammates like.  South Florida and Boston College are his main suitors.

More news. Heat is also after 5* SG/SF Justin Coleman who to visited Louisville for the UCONN game. He is extremely talented but questions about him are his grades and playing hard for the whole game. Reportedly his grades have improved and his coach says that he'll play in the NBA once he learns to stay intense each and every game.

Now what could happen is Louisville gets Lockridge and Coleman ends up at USF or vce versa. I guess the Cardinals could some how get both, but word is Coleman is looking for the best fit for him and not necessary a Big Time school. In other words he is looking for a  place that can guarantee him minutes or a starting job. Well USF has an opening for a wing player after Mercer is gone.

Jonathon Graham is a 6-8/6-9 PF out of Maryland that USF is keeping an eye on too. He's considered one of the top 27 players in the nation at his position. I believe he has a tie in with one of our coaches but I can't find that info right now.

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Thanks for the great recruiting update.  sounds like some solid players that are considering USF, to land 1-2 would be great.  There was a long time that we would never even get 1 of these type kids to even consider USF

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I wonder with Austin in the fold does that help us with any of the other players ?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We really need an impact wing player (SG/SF) because Jones won't be here forever :(

• Content Count:  247

this is the kind of news i crave, i love when vega posts stuff like this.  ;D  we definately need a sg/sf that can step in right away and start and if would could get coleman or lockridge that would be awesome... some much needed firepower!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf would love of those studs

• Content Count:  771

i'm sure a lot of recruits have taken notice to the two big wins.  hopefully we can make the dance cause that will just increase our exposure.  They are talking about usf on espn and other stations now, so this is all good for the basketbulls. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Vega, any clue on the timeline for these domino's to fall?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

By going after these highly regarded recruits it obvious that Heath is feeling it and gaining confidence himself, just like his team.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Vega...What that the 7'2 center who visited our FB game with his teammates? Have they been coming to  the BB games? You probably could field a top 25 team just with all of those guys.

Archived