• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting: Heat Academy players could make up our class

Vega

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Vega, any clue on the timeline for these domino's to fall?

There was talk circulating through the Kentucky forums that Lockridge was taking that visit to Louisville last Monday with intentions to commit. Well it's Friday and no word about a commitment has surface. Coach Heath and Coach Skeeters were in Virgina and the DC Area for a couple of days probably giving their Lee Corso speech, "Not so fast my friend." Obvious Heath are telling these guys to just wait a minute and give USF a real chance because we have something special going on here and they can be a part of it. Lee wants to visit later this month and my guess is all those Heat Academy guys will have a decision before month's end. 

I have an article about Coach Skeeters coming up today and I will reveal how important he has been to our recent success and his strong recruiting ability. If we get any of these guys a big credit needs to go his way.

Vega...What that the 7'2 center who visited our FB game with his teammates? Have they been coming to  the BB games? You probably could field a top 25 team just with all of those guys.

Mark Overdevest is the 7-2 junior on the Montverde Academy team with Haukur Palsson who have visited USF.

There were 2 other really tall Africans that Heath had his eye on but I can't recall the names or their schools right now. I'm not sure if they were for the 2010 class or the 2011 class like Overdevest is.

Obviously with our recent success the bar is raised when it comes to who we will be pursuing.

Look for Heath to try and get a lot of these talented players to visit for our two weekend games this month with St John's(Feb. 20) and Providence(Feb. 27). We have a potential huge game on March 6th with UCONN that could be a NCAAT elimination game. It will also be senior night and I would imagine the atmosphere will be electric. Wouldn't mind if a Coleman was visiting for that weekend.

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Excuse my ignorance; but when is the deadline to sign players for next season. Is there an equivalent of signing day for basketball. Definitely the time is now with all the national coverage of the USF basketball team for Heath to sell our program to recruits and sign them!

Excuse my ignorance; but when is the deadline to sign players for next season. Is there an equivalent of signing day for basketball. Definitely the time is now with all the national coverage of the USF basketball team for Heath to sell our program to recruits and sign them!

The spring signing period for basketball starts on April 15, 2009 - May 20, 2009. Now teams do seem to sign guys after that date because of some loop hole. 

Well things are heating up now, Coleman has decided to end his recruiting by comitting to Louisville.

The Michael Haynes recruitment just got interesting as an AAC power is after him now.

The DUKE BLUE DEVILS are now in pursuing Haynes. This not only tells a lot about his ability but also his character if Coach K now wants him

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Well things are heating up now, Coleman has decided to end his recruiting by comitting to Louisville.

The Michael Haynes recruitment just got interesting as an AAC power is after him now.

The DUKE BLUE DEVILS are now in pursuing Haynes. This not only tells a lot about his ability but also his character if Coach K now wants him

That does say a lot...most particularly that he is likely not coming here.  Good luck to BCSH on this one!

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Ouch...  our odds just dropped from moderately low to Lloyd Christmas level.

Ouch...  our odds just dropped from moderately low to Lloyd Christmas level.

Well wait just a minute...let's see what the next step in the process holds before this guy is totally out the picture. Until Lockridge and Haynes say otherwise USF is still in it.

Archived