• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rankings at this point!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

These rankings don't mean a thing, the only ones I'm concerned about come in the fall (ESPN, AP, Coaches, BCS)

Its funny though, but a lot of people (I'm not refering to you, or any person specifically) who say those rankings don't mean anything now; last year when we were highly ranked argued the exact opposite.

Ugh, the rankings are almost exclusively because of the TOTAL NUMBER of recruits is SIGNIFICANTLY different. We had 29 recruits last year, this year we have 17. You expect the TOTAL to be a good deal lower, no?

The average this year: 2.88

The average last year: 2.97

Yes, let's get all up in arms about losing 0.09 stars per recruit on average!

Taking away scholarships offers from three and four star recruits doesn't help our average either. I'm still hopefull that over the next 36 hours there will be some nice surprises and that we will rise significantly in the rankings

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  178

Rankings mean nothing.  Also, we pulled because we need schollys for kids that wanted to be here.  The players that were pulled had reasons to be pulled.  This is real life and decisions are made like these all the time.

Guest Scherdin

Rankings mean nothing.  Also, we pulled because we need schollys for kids that wanted to be here.  The players that were pulled had reasons to be pulled.  This is real life and decisions are made like these all the time.

:clap

:cheers

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

If "having less scholly openings" actually meant something, then Florida and USC wouldn't be so highly ranked even during the years they don't have many openings.

These rankings are a joke. Obviously some players are better than others, but you have to factor in the systems these guys were playing in, and the level of competition they faced.

All I know is that Randy Edsall and Brian Kelly made due with some pretty "low" recruiting classes, and still make their teams competitive both in conference and out. Holtz can and will do the same!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

These rankings don't mean a thing, the only ones I'm concerned about come in the fall (ESPN, AP, Coaches, BCS)

Exactly .... We were able to win some pretty big games with a roster pretty much filled with players from recruiting classes ranked like that. Previous regime was able to do some nice work with classes like that and there's no reason to think the new regime won't continue that. Skip had some impressive wins over ranked teams with similar overall talent ...

• Content Count:  578

This was my first reaction:

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/4/16/128843695224828253.jpg

Probably **** because it has offensive words.

• Content Count:  509

I just checked the Rivals recruiting rankings and I found to my dismay that over the last two weeks we have dropped about 20 spots, and we are now at 71. UCF, Marshall,San Diego State, just to name a few are all ahead of USF. That is a drop of 12 just since yesterday. Wonder what people's thoughts are on this!

We are dropping by the minute on Rivals. Right now we are at 72; right in between Duke and Temple!

• Content Count:  178

If "having less scholly openings" actually meant something, then Florida and USC wouldn't be so highly ranked even during the years they don't have many openings.

The difference between us and UF and USC is that when they have 12 schollys they fill them with 4-5 star players.  When we have 12 schollys we fill them with 3 star players.  This allows their rankings to stay high.

• Content Count:  578

I just checked the Rivals recruiting rankings and I found to my dismay that over the last two weeks we have dropped about 20 spots, and we are now at 71. UCF, Marshall,San Diego State, just to name a few are all ahead of USF. That is a drop of 12 just since yesterday. Wonder what people's thoughts are on this!

We are dropping by the minute on Rivals. Right now we are at 72; right in between Duke and Temple!

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Seriously, does the fact that we have a higher average recruit ranking than the 36th ranked team (BYU) mean anything to you? They get more points because they have more recruits, even though they are of inferior quality. And do you just not read what people are saying in this thread as to why the rankings are retarded? In fact 10 replies in this thread should have squashed this debate.

Archived