• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rankings at this point!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

I just checked the Rivals recruiting rankings and I found to my dismay that over the last two weeks we have dropped about 20 spots, and we are now at 71. UCF, Marshall,San Diego State, just to name a few are all ahead of USF. That is a drop of 12 just since yesterday. Wonder what people's thoughts are on this!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We only have 15-18 spots.  We're going to be low.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

scout has us a 49 if that makes you feel better... ::)

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I would not worry about the rankings.  The way they are calculated results in inordinately heavy weights for kids in the "top 100", "top 250" of the various categories.  I have not looked at the breakdown, but I would guess that Terrence Mitchell (as a top 100 player) provides almost half or more of the points we have.

It would be nice to be ranked highly and if we finish with a few more 3 star kids or even Chandler and Robey (both 4 stars on rivals) the numbers will go up. Also, as Apis noted the more commits the higher the rankings and we will be at probably 11 kids less than we signed last year.

• Content Count:  7,890

dont worry we are low because we dont have that many openings as other teams. look at it by average stars @ 2.88 with a coaching change two weeks before signing day not bad if you ask me

• Content Count:  5,241

Not worried about their rankings at all. Especially with a coaching change less than a month before signing day.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

February 02, 2010

USF recruiting now down to endgame

Less than 24 hours until the faxes start rolling in on national signing day, and barring any surprises, USF's 2010 recruiting class should be seen as a solid success, given that the Bulls fired their coach in the final month of recruiting season and put a new staff in place with minimal losses to the class.

There are still a few players in play -- top-tier defensive tackle Todd Chandler of Miami Northwestern remains a mystery, but his visit this weekend is encouraging for the Bulls, and commitment Jose Jose, an offensive lineman from Miami Central, is wavering between USF and UCF but said to be leaning toward the Bulls.

It looks as though Frostproof cornerback Nickell Robey, which USF made a strong late push for last week, is headed to Southern Cal, so the biggest question is whether the Bulls can close out the class with a solid linebacker -- can they flip Florida commitment Michael Taylor of Atlanta, or Marshall commitment Hans Louis of Hollywood Chaminade?

We'll have lots of updates on the final gains and losses -- this looks to be a class that will be ranked in the top half of the Big East, somewhere around 50th nationally, which is a strong showing given the events of the past month ... lots more to come, so keep checking back ...

Posted by Greg Auman at 11:32:24 AM on February 2, 2010 in Football , Recruiting | Permalink | Comments (1)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/02/usf-recruiting-now-down-to-endgame.html

• Content Count:  509

These rankings don't mean a thing, the only ones I'm concerned about come in the fall (ESPN, AP, Coaches, BCS)

Its funny though, but a lot of people (I'm not refering to you, or any person specifically) who say those rankings don't mean anything now; last year when we were highly ranked argued the exact opposite.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

These rankings don't mean a thing, the only ones I'm concerned about come in the fall (ESPN, AP, Coaches, BCS)

Its funny though, but a lot of people (I'm not refering to you, or any person specifically) who say those rankings don't mean anything now; last year when we were highly ranked argued the exact opposite.

Ugh, the rankings are almost exclusively because of the TOTAL NUMBER of recruits is SIGNIFICANTLY different. We had 29 recruits last year, this year we have 17. You expect the TOTAL to be a good deal lower, no?

The average this year: 2.88

The average last year: 2.97

Yes, let's get all up in arms about losing 0.09 stars per recruit on average!

Archived