• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Juco lineman Green not part of USF's plans

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

It looks right to me. STILL. Do you have your citation for the corrections you made???

****, Bill, you don't have a job that requires any kind of auditing or detailed work do you?

Here's one of the pages I got my information from ...

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=4&rpt=IA_teamyardspenalized&site=org

And this my last post on the subject .... just don't be so quick to chastise others about getting their facts straight until you're sure all your ducks are in a row.  ;)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

It looks right to me. STILL. Do you have your citation for the corrections you made???

****, Bill, you don't have a job that requires any kind of auditing or detailed work do you?

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2007&div=4&rpt=IA_teamyardspenalized&site=org

And this my last post on the subject .... just don't be so quick to chastise others about getting their facts straight until you're sure all your ducks are in a row.  ;)

Well YOU obviously didn't check the facts or you would see that the figures that I charted were accurately taken from the citation that I gave. Since you obviously can't point out a problem, I guess you just resort to churlish behavior to deflect from the issue. I guess my 30 years reviewing engineering reports doesn't qualify me to comment on your "detailed" review of the facts. If you had you would know what the disparity in the number is reflecting which has nothing to do with my efforts. And since you will no longer comment on this issue I assume that you will accept my analysis as valid.

And one more thing that might give you a hint. Your numbers are different from Bullpride, who started this whole mess, as well.

And this my last post on the subject .... just don't be so quick to chastise others about getting their facts straight until you're sure all your ducks are in a row.   ;)

Well YOU obviously didn't check the facts or you would see that the figures that I charted were accurately taken from the citation that I gave. Since you obviously can't point out a problem, I guess you just resort to churlish behavior to deflect from the issue. I guess my 30 years reviewing engineering reports doesn't qualify me to comment on your "detailed" review of the facts. If you had you would know what the disparity in the number is reflecting which has nothing to do with my efforts. And since you will no longer comment on this issue I assume that you will accept my analysis as valid.

I really thought you would have seen where you erred when comparing your original chart post to the sites YOU were going to .... I guess I was wrong. Here is the critical info highlighted on your original chart post:

Hey BullsPride: Maybe YOU should check the facts before you accuse someone of pulling them out of their #ss. Here are the last 5 years compared Holtz team vs. Leavitt team. [move]Still think Leavitt has a better record on Yards penalized?[/move]

[move]Div 1 teams Yard penalized.[/move]

Team                 Year Rank Out of

East Carolina 2005 19 117

East Carolina 2006 12 119

East Carolina 2007 109 119

East Carolina 2008 63 119

East Carolina 2009 95 119

East Carolina

Team Year Rank Out of

USF 2005 112 117

USF 2006 117 119

USF 2007 118 119

USF 2008 115 119

USF 2009 90 119

Pulling engineering info from the wrong chart could cause serious problems .....no?

And one more thing that might give you a hint. Your numbers are different from Bullpride,

My numbers should have been different from BP's .... We were puliing from two different charts. I was pulling from the charts you should have been pulling from based on your post with the chart on it.

who started this whole mess, as well.

No, you started this whole mess with this erroneous statment:

Maybe with smarter kids AND coaches we can move up from our prestigious position in penalties. USF 118th out of 119 Div1 schools

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

to say penalties have no effect on the outcome of a football game is asinine.

there are a lot of situation where you can commit more penalties than the other team and still win... but penalties certainly assist teams in sustaining possessions, second chance opportunities, etc.

to say penalties have no effect on the outcome of a football game is asinine.

I don't believe anyone said that on this thread .... feel free to corrrect me.

And one more thing that might give you a hint. Your numbers are different from Bullpride,

My numbers should have been different from BP's .... We were puliing from two different charts. I was pulling from the charts you should have been pulling from based on your post with the chart on it.

who started this whole mess, as well.

No, you started this whole mess with this erroneous statment:

Maybe with smarter kids AND coaches we can move up from our prestigious position in penalties. USF 118th out of 119 Div1 schools

God, you are pedantic. Fewest yards penalized or penalty yards means No. 1 is the  best and and No. 118 is next to last. If you can't figure that out from the chart, I can't help you. My chart demonstrated that USF has been near the bottom in these rankings for a long time. The chart wouldn't make sense if I said USF is no. 2 in penalty yards and that isn't what your corrected chart says anyway. The way I presented it is the only one that is rational. I even went so far as to publish the values supporting that ranking. You still haven't figured out why your  numbers are different though, now have you, oh one who wasn't going to respond again.

A quote from reply #14, BullsPride

"I am not worried about penalties, there is no correlation between winning and lower penalties"

Archived